A Special Request for Anne Godfrey

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself A Special Request for Anne Godfrey

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    annefgodfrey
    Participant

Thank you. Thank you deadbuggy. Our family is burying our beloved husband, father, grandfather & great-grandfather grandpa Saturday morning. We are having a simple graveside service.

Tom was so appreciative of prayers, kind words & Andrew’s idea of a song for us!

I remain grateful for friendships on Rock Class. This online class has been such a blessing.

You have truly touched my heart in such a special way this afternoon. Much love!

deadbuggy
    Participant

Oh, I’m so sorry, Anne. My thoughts are with you and your family.

robinboyd
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear that. We are thinking of you from the other side of the world.

rickeymike
    Participant

Dear Anne,
    My deepest sympathy to you and your family. My prayers to Tom, you, and family.
    God Bless.

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Thank you so much!
    This is the saddest time I have ever know but I must rejoice that Tom is home free with no need for oxygen, no more dialysis, no more pain!

I read your posts often & really enjoy them. Amazing how we learn to love friends through this online ukulele class.

You have helped me this difficult day.
    Blessings & love!
    Anne

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Robinboyd, what a blessing you are at the close of a difficult day! Thank you for caring about my great sorrow.

Tom was happy that I so enjoyed Rock Class. He was such a cheerleader as I would struggle to learn monthly challenges.

Please know what your post means.
    Blessings & love,
    Anne

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Robinboyd, what a blessing you are at the close of a difficult day! Thank you for caring about my great sorrow.

Tom was happy that I so enjoyed Rock Class. He was such a cheerleader as I would struggle to learn monthly challenges.

Humble gratitude!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Anne, my heart weighs heavy for you. Your family will be in my prayers.

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Andrew,

So grateful for your prayers & overwhelmed by your compassion.

Tom was genuinely interested & happy about my enjoying Rock Class.

He loved rendition of “When I’m Sixty Four. He often encouraged “Mama, you’re getting better”. He’d say, “It’ll come, Mama. Don’t give up.”

I am sure Tom is in heaven where there is no more pain.

miztaken
    Participant

Oh Anne, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
    Don’t give up your playing, Tom is sure to be listening for you.

Take good care of yourself, and be kind to yourself.
    Love, Misty

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Thank you for such loving words. Will continue to play & participate. I know it will bring a peace & help the slow but sure healing.

Tom was my love & best friend for over fifty three years.

Love to you & all Rock Class this day.

Tom will be buried in Greensboro, NC tomorrow morning after a graveside service done by his family.

richo_uke
    Participant

Hello Anne,

I’m so sorry to read this sad news so I don’t know what to say.

My prayers for you and your family.
    Rici

stinyuke

Oh Anne

I’m so sorry to read this. I’m thinking about you and your family.

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Rici, stinyuke & all of you precious people in RC101, I have been absolutely astounded by the love that has poured into my broken heart.

We are going to give our best to make Tom’s graveside service tomorrow a joyous celebration of a life so well lived. You have helped make this possible with your prayers & tender words. I love each of you.

planetfink
    Participant

I am so sorry to hear the sad news, Anne. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.