Guitarlele for Kanni and Lisa

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Guitarlele for Kanni and Lisa

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

I have read that. I bought it from the local music shop before reading that sort of thing. It seems to do a reasonable job, though. Next time I buy products, I’ll check out the Music Nomads products, but I might as well use up what I’ve got.

kanae926
    Participant

Same. I also bought a bottle of lemon oil before I knew better. Hahaha.

becky7777
    Participant

Robin, love that inlay jeeze. The back is gorgeous.

I got a children’s 1/2 size guitar with steel strings from a thrift store a few months back. (I need to sand the frets it’s an old guitar I guess? They’re grungy black and grindy sounding though.) but the guileles are a much better size for me it looks like. Might look into one at some point. Other then the strings being super close together, the 1/2 size is still a bit big for me to hold without kind of holding it like a cello.

I bought the Music Nomad F-One oil/conditioner for fretboards. I used it once, so I really have no opinion on it yet. Funny enough I remember it smelling like leamon, so who knows. You guys probably saved money on your oil lol.

robinboyd
    Participant

@kanae926 – Anyway, don’t you speak Japanese too?

kanae926
    Participant

Haha, yes…but I bet not nearly as often as you do. I’m much more comfortable speaking English. So much so that I lie most of the time just to dodge having to speak Japanese. 🤭

I only look Japanese on the outside. 😆

lisadmh
    Participant

How does one know a uke looks dry?

kanae926
    Participant

I could kinda tell when the surface starts looking a little ashy (for lack of a better term), but it’s less obvious with lighter woods.

Katie made this video that I really liked.

jinajupiter
    Participant

Great! I suddenly hear a connection between die Winterreise by Schubert and Rammstein! Nice playing and singing Robin.

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks Jina

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.