Hailing from the American Freezer

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hailing from the American Freezer

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    cinichol
    Participant

Hey, all. I’m a college instructor in Minnesota (Fargo-Moorhead) and first got into uke this last May. I played guitar a little when I was a kid, and it’s such a blast to pick up an instrument again. I started Rock Class toward the end of the summer, and only wish there were more hours in a day for learning! Am already battling UAS as well as ICPTTDD–I Can’t Put This Thing Down Disease. (Will we eventually have courses for these subjects?)

Andrew
    Keymaster

LOL! I’m not sure about those courses! In case anyone is wondering, UAS = Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome. I feel you! I’ve got 3 Kanile’a’s until December!

kanae926
    Participant

I suffer from both…badly. UAS IS REAL. I didn’t resist it, so now I have 6 ukes and I only bought my first one in April this year.

Cinichol – at the very least, you’ll need your high G and low G come November. We’re all anticipating the new lessons. 😉

cinichol
    Participant

@Andrew, what do you mean until December? Are the Kanile’a’s being returned to The Uke Gods in the sky? Or are you getting a fourth???

@kanae926
    You read my mind! I’m also feeling the pull of a baritone…

kanae926
    Participant

LOL I don’t think Andrew suffers from UAS. He’s probably referring to the third as temporary because it’s the one that’s being given away on 12/24 for the October/November/December member challenges. It’s valued at $1800!! You should check it out and join in on the fun. The best part is that Andrew always gives individual feedback to all the posts. 🙂

October Challenge

September’s just ended.

cinichol
    Participant

Holy cow.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hope you join us for the October challenge!

cinichol
    Participant

@Andrew, well, we’ll see lol. I’m shy in front of a camera and a total newbie, but that prize is insane!

@cinichol, I was the same way. Too shy to try. I finally decided to go for the September challenge on the last day….and missed the deadline BY 2 MINUTES. uGH! But now I am totally hooked and looking forward to the October challenge. Don’t worry that you’re a newbie. Many of us are. Everyone had to start somewhere. And, as far as being shy in front of a camera….I just don’t record my face. LOL

Roxi

kanae926
    Participant

I’m with Roxi. I only started playing in April and didn’t become a RC101 member until late June, but I started joining the challenges as soon as July. I don’t record my face either and my performances are far from perfect.

The submissions are fun to learn from and the feedback from Andrew is invaluable in improving my playing. The prizes are great, but the individualized critiques are what keep me motivated. I also enjoy seeing other members’ progress because I can learn from them, too.

But that Kanile’a, though!!! I’m not going to pretend I don’t want it. 😂

Kanni

kanae926
    Participant

Roxi, I’m willing to bet Andrew will still keep you in the giveaway. 😉

Andrew
    Keymaster

Roxi, please submit your performance. We’ll be happy to leave feedback, but we’ll have to stick to the deadline rules for the giveaway.

cinichol
    Participant

I appreciate the encouragement, everyone! I’m four hours away from any actual, live uke teacher, so one-on-one feedback would almost certainly be invaluable.

@Andrew, Oh I don’t expect the rules to be bent. Not at all. I did submit.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.