My new Vorson

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear My new Vorson

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    andracass
    Participant

I bought a Vorson electric uke. I love it! I equipped it with guitar strings with Low G, so I am ready for low G arrangements.

edward
    Participant

Can I see what it looks like,Picture please

Andrew
    Keymaster

Awesome! And I know… here we are almost over with March and I still haven’t gotten one. True story, I had planned to start low G lessons in October. Soon! I actually was trying some out at Uke Republic this week. And I’ve already got a few lessons planned for when I get one!

andracass
    Participant

Here it is. Wonderful!!! 😀

Andrew
    Keymaster

When do we get to hear it?

andracass
    Participant

I think it is better to search for YouTube video of other players 😄
    When you will publish a low G arrangement, I promise to play with it 😊

Andrew
    Keymaster

Later this Spring. Just started shopping around, trying to figure out which model I want 🙂

edward
    Participant

Cool,I like it. Rock on Andracass Hendrix Van Halen. Can’t wait to here you play.

jinajupiter
    Participant

Do you play with fingers or with a pick?
    Andrew can you please show us how to play with a pick?

Andrew
    Keymaster

@jinajupiter – Check out the beginner guitar lesson I made. It covers how to hold a pick 🙂 Same rules would apply for uke.

jinajupiter
    Participant

That was fast, thanks Andrew. 🙂

jinajupiter
    Participant

Just tried to play “Our First Song” this way. And also a pentatonic box up and down. So basically with repetition of notes all down strokes are the 1st 3rd 5th 7th etc 8th notes (or 16th) and the rest up strokes? And how is that if you play a scale in triplets? DUD DUD or DUD UDU or something else?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Good rule of thumb is down on down beat, up on up beat. So yes to 8th note or 16th = DU

And for triplet = DUD

Of course things can change the pattern, for ex. string skipping or upward/downward movement could use economy picking.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.