New to Ukulele

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself New to Ukulele

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    a4patch
    Participant

My piano teacher told me to find a new hobby. I can’t read music unless I spell FACE or EGBDF up the lines of the staff. I tried the harmonica and flute without success. I am enjoying learning chords. I can pluck my way through Wagon Wheel with a DDUD stum pattern. I tried unsuccessfully to play Amazing Grace. (I still want to play this song.) I would like to learn to play for leisure. Just plucking my few known chords seems to lighten my stress.

I do have a baritone Caramel Uke. I would love to try the February challenge. Can I do that with a baritone?

I would like to have a different practice routine. Right now practice is playing through D, D6, Dmajor7, C, G, and E.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, @a4patch! You can play any low G arrangement on baritone. The only difference is that you’ll be playing in a different key. There are 2 mini lessons in this month’s challenge that are for low g. They are ML001 and ML004. Both are a bit challenging to play.

I’d recommend starting with an easier tune, such as this one for baritone.

I’d also recommend purchasing a high or low G ukulele. All of our courses, such as the Beginner’s Course, will be catered towards that tuning.

As for creating a practice schedule, please take a look at this page. It’ll help you create one based off your interests 🙂

a4patch
    Participant

Thank you so much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.