Participate in the April 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 196 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@johanna2509 – Brilliant take, bravo!

johanna2509
    Participant

Thanks Andrew 😀

leb397
    Participant

I am going to attempt the challenge for the 1st time. I have been practicing daily and maybe by the 30th I can post for first time. Working on minuet in G. May have to play at half the speed. I’m a lefty and play right handed. Everyone who has posted so far sound great! Really like your teaching Andrew. I think the hardest is keeping time between a few bars- 17, 21, 29. I’m sure I’m not a alone for a beginner. Wish me luck! Louisa

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by leb397.
    gi_gi_
    Participant

@Andrew I just want to say thank you so much for all the work it took to teach us Evan’s rendition of ‘A Fifth of Beethoven”. I absolutely love it. Without your hard work in explaining it I would be lost. I’m very happy with the progress thus far. Hope I can get it together by the end of the month. Thanks again Andrew. Your hard work is really appreciated.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@leb397 – Thank you, Louisa! You can do it! If you need help, don’t hesitate to ask 🙂

@gi_gi_
    – I really appreciate it, GiGi! Made my night 🙂

evapaju

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello everybody!

Back again after I got stuck “Into the Maze” in March, literally 😊. So this month I decided to record and post a lot faster.
    Love this month theme! I chose Minuet in G. I have been wanting to learn picado and now was a great chance. I feel like the picado technique is really comfy way of playing althou I couldn`t apply it fully to theme B, because it was harder and I got tense and lost some control over my right hand.
    Also I had first experience to play along with backing track. It is a blast, absolutely loving it and also helps to maintain steady pace.
    I am grateful for beautiful arrangements and really appreciate any feedback.
    Good luck to everyone!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@evapaju – Bravo! Amazing job for your first duet! And the picado technique looks great! Only thing I’d say is to try tapping your foot (if you’re not already) to the beat to help keep you a little more locked in. But overall, it was awesome! Keep up the great work 🙂

evapaju

@Andrew, wow! 😊 Thank You for the positive feedback, it was surprise! I have been avoiding metronome, because of some restraining feel it has given me. But last month or two I have been really felt that it actually could help me to improve.

suekulele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

@Andrew
    , I’m sorry if I’ve messed up and this is a duplicate post. I thought I posted my entry for the April challenge, but don’t see it here so posting it again because I don’t want to miss ANY chance to win this mind-blowing prize! So here is Waltz in C (no. 2):

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by suekulele.
    hacksaw
    Participant

Today’s triumph: on the Prelude in C, I have finally cracked the 8th fret bar on the 1st and 2nd string, in bar 2, without my ring-finger damping the 2nd string. I now have to move onto it smoothly from bar 1. A lot of work to do. Eeek!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by hacksaw.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@slr4chums – Excellent job! Couple pauses, so only thing I’d say is smooth those out so the timing stays steady. But overall, great playing!!

@hacksaw
    – Nice! Keep up the good work 🙂

robinboyd
    Participant

@hacksaw – I’m only just getting comfortable with it, too.

kennyh

Andrew,
    I noticed for beginners you recommended the following two Recommended Piece: “Waltz in C (no. 2)” OR “Minuet in G”

But when you go and read your links on these two pieces it states to be played with Low G Ukulele. I do not have that Low G set up now. Can you play in High G?

Andrew
    Keymaster

@kennyh – I’d recommend Low G, but if you don’t have one, I’d go with “Minuet”. It’ll be the least off sounding of the 2.

rebeca
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I love playing waltz melodies on the ukelele 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.