Participate in the August 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Kala Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Kala Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    rgillof
    Participant

@deadbuggy – Love your song! Get well soon.

rebeca
    Participant

¡Ay,ay,ay,ay, canta y no llores!

Thank you for this wonderful arrangement. I Love it!

@deadbuggy
    : I wish you a quick recovery. Amazing submission and sense of humor as well 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

Here’s mine. I love this one. I’m slightly off tab here and there, but I like it. I hope you do too. Adapted to low G – that was the hardest part, but I only play low G these days.

annemarie
    Participant

Rebeca, that was lovely

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@rebeca, that was so beautiful! You have a lovely voice indeed. 😊 It’s crazy how talented everyone on this site is. 😅

@lisadmh
    , that was so pretty! Y’all making that one sound so good, I may want to learn that one, and not because I question my ability to learn the Willow song in time, but I’ll try. 😅🥺

nat-uke
    Participant

@lisadmh 👏👏 – nice on the low G too!

jbmills07
    Participant

For my second post this month I went with “My Heart Will Go On” and Rocksteady (“Rocky”), decided to join me for this one lol
    Thanks to all for the very kind feedback on my first post this month!

@The_Bumble_Bard
    Thank you as always 🙂 and I am not going to lie, doing an entire song starring into the camera is something I might try one of these days lmao!

@nat-uke
    Thank you so much! I look forward to seeing your post. It really is a beautiful song to play, and it humbles me that I might have helped motivate you to choosing it!

@dianna
    I am not going to lie, I learned that song right when it first dropped on Rockclass101 and have been waiting for it to be a monthly challenge!! lol Also, that is NOT in fact the new uke. Funny story, but I have wanted a Kanela’e for a while now and I ended up seeing a great deal for one on E-bay, and of course, just a couple of days after it arrived in the mail is when the announcement came out that I won the challenge! lmao. Guess I should have waited a little longer… But I chose the custom build with a low G, so now I have two and I am very happy! I will for sure be showing it off when I get the custom built ukulele!

@leb397
    thank you! And I will for sure keep the smiles coming 🙂

@Andrew
    Thank you as always Andrew!

@deadbuggy
    As always, you have blown me away with your post. You are truly amazing and I always look forward to seeing your performances!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jbmills07, another beaut!! You add so much to that song by playing with feeling, as you always seem to. Rocky is 100% adorbs!! I can’t even. 😻 I must go adopt a cat now, I have no choice, my landlord won’t notice (she would). 😉😂 Very lovely playing, though!

Side note, I just tested it, and My Heart Will Go On has high clawhammer potential; it scores an 8 or 9 on the CP scale. But I must learn at least one song as written… I know it’s good ‘n’ right to do that, to color inside the lines. I have big time problems with that, man, not just with music. 😅😂🥺

leb397
    Participant

@jbmills07 agree with TBB. Great feeling. Isn’t it the way that you had just purchased the Kanela’e. Exciting you chose the custom prize. Can’t wait to hear you play. I’ve Been working on My Heart… too and sustain isn’t easy.

@the_bumble_bard
    you crack me up 😂 I’m trying Beneath the willow at same time as My Heart… probably need to focus more 😳. Anxious to hear what you play. Already some great entries this early in the month! That bum ditty isn’t easy with cord changes!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, haha, awww, thank you! I always look forward to seeing your entries, too! It’s so much fun to see what everyone does. Even though it’s the same songs, everyone’s is a little bit different. 😊

I’m also trying to learn BMBTW and that’s so dang tricky. For me, it was super hard to figure out the rhythm initially. I had to listen to the lesson many times, even so far, to grasp it, because I need to have it in my head to play it. I’m not good at reading the music and learning the rhythm that way. Also, memorizing all the patterns is so tricky because they are all very similar. Besides being rather whiny, I think it’s such a beautiful song, so it’s worth the struggle. 😂 I’m also going to learn Fields of Gold now in case I fail at BMBTW. 😅

And also My Heart Will Go On in clawhammer………….. 😉😂

dianna
    Participant

@jbmills07 that was beautiful! Rocky was the ‘Rose’ to your ‘Jack’……loved it!

Also, you can’t have too many ukuleles, especially when they are Kanela’es😁

leb397
    Participant

@dianna 😃 so true Rocky was actually hugging @jbmills07

Yes @TBB I’m struggling listening over and over with vocal. Wish we had option to mute while learning because at 50% it sounds reeeeeeeellllly bad. Making me want to 😫.
    We shall overcome… well it’s a good start at least

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@dianna, that’s so true!! Rocky is Rose! So precious! 😅😻

@leb397
    , do you mean that the vocal was distracting from hearing the clawhammer part? Oh yes, if you slow it down that much, I feel like that would really distort the sound. Yes, we shall prevail! Just keep taking it slow. 😊💕

I actually wanted to try singing the Willow song but then I realized……. I can’t sing, whoops. 😅

leb397
    Participant

@the_bumble_bard yes, I depend on the play-along feature and always work up speed so the vocal is an issue for me. Ditto of me singing 😆

Enjoy. Had a great rainy practice day👏

rebeca
    Participant

@annemarie: Thank you for your kind words!

@The_Bumble_Bard
    : Your words mean a lot to me since I had never dare before to submit anything that required me to sing 😀

I love how supportive this community is.

@lisadmh
    :You make it sound fantastic on low g

@Jbmills07
    : Beautifully played!

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by rebeca.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.