Participate in the December 2018 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE to Win Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2018 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE to Win Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 290 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

Peropata and Wendy : Very pretty. Good going.

kmelton
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my entry for December. Played around with a third melody, let me know what you think.

zukulele

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.
    Here is my December entry:

I used a baritone ukulele for this recording – I thought it would sound really nice with Katie’s arrangement.
    Donated $40 to the UKC – thank you again for sharing this organization!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by zukulele.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by zukulele.
    zukulele

I also made a quick recording of The First Noel on a tenor uke – didn’t know if using the baritone’s tuning was allowed for the contest.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all!

rickeymike
    Participant

Kmelton, love the high notes that you added. Just like I used to sing it in grade school.

Zuk, both songs sound really good!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by rickeymike.
    becky7777
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

December Challenge entry, beginner level. The First Noel

OK- Anyone probably should beware on some parts the decibel gain was in the red (loud) on Audicity if you listen on headphones. I tried fixing it and can’t.. I recorded this using the suction cup piezo pickup on the new Kmise Concert Ukulele I got. I used a guitar pick rather then my thumb. This improved the sound I was getting but you can hear the pick in a bunch of spots. To tell you the truth, I think I prefer the sound of my little $12 Diamond Head soprano… The Kmise kind of sounds like it’s stuffed with socks or something (to my ears). I played a bit with Audicity effects but nothing really improved the sound to something I was happy with.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

andracass
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here my entry for The First Noel.
    I already made my donation.

THE FIRST NOEL

brettboy
    Participant

Thanks for the challenge Andrew! I just sent $20 donation to the Ukulele Kids Club.

I love watching and listening to everyone’s entries so far this month! I’m getting close with “we three kings.” Hopefully I’ll have it smooth enough and share in a few days!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thank you so kindly for your generosity, Brett and Zion! Evan J De Silva has graciously donated $50 too.

We have 25 entries in so far and with our donation of $5 per entry this means:

WE DID IT! We’ve surpassed our fundraising goal and have now raised $1,006.47. Absolutely amazing! 🙂 Thanks to everyone who has participated and donated!

Let’s set a new goal and go for $1,500!

karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks so much for a great song. This recording doesn’t really show how much I have practiced, never mind how many millions of recording attempts I made. (It always sounds so much better in my head.) I found the song deceptively simple in that it shows all the inconsistencies in my tempo and force of picking. Some of that was an attempt at vibrato, but lots of it just shows room for improvement. Anyway, here’s my submission of one of my most favorite Christmas songs. I should also make a shout out to the Cocobolo Ukulele Company. I wish my playing was worthy of this beautiful instrument (https://www.facebook.com/groups/cocoboloukulelesmarketplace/)
    Thanks again and happy holidays to everyone.

brenna
    Participant

Ciao!
    I just send my donation to the ukulele kids club. It’s a wonderful idea.
    Merry Christmas!!!!
    Gianluca

nggnmm
    Participant

Hi all,

When picking songs to play for this month, I listen all of them and found that I really like this song — ‘Auld Lang Syne’, and I really want to learn it. But unfortunately, I quickly noticed that this is not for beginner…..

However, I remembered that in the last two challenge posts, I said that I will work harder next time. Then I am thinking like why not just challenge myself this time and try to play it. So here it is 🙂

I would never regret my decision because even it is far from perfect, I enjoy this song a lot. I would like to thank this challenge, because otherwise I would never try to play it myself….

(I skip 1-2 notes of little finger because it is too hard for me now….)

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by nggnmm.
    miztaken
    Participant

@nggnmm – I think you are (bloody) brilliant!
    You DID it.
    It’s not perfect, but your style is lovely and it is a hundred times better than what I can do (I am still in the beginner songs and HAVE to learn all them first because that’s just how I am).
    From far away, I am heaps proud of your achievement and it has inspired me to “just start a new song already!”
    Thank you for that!!

benita
    Participant

This is my performance of ‘I have a little dreidel’. I recorded this roughly a week ago, but I never got round to posting it as I was quite busy. But the time has finally come.
    It’s definitely not perfect, as you can see, I still had some trouble transitioning to the G chord, it didn’t sound as clear as I’d like it to be, but other than that, it’s fine I guess. I’ll definitely do another recording, once I find the time, probably after Christmas, but as of now, I’ll leave you with this.
    Happy holidays!

ebideb

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    The First Noel
    You are a very good teacher Andrew. Thank you for your lessons.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.