Participate in the December 2018 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE to Win Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2018 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE to Win Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 290 total)
  • Author
    stinyuke

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my entry for the Dezember Challenge. It did not work with the Video recording this time. I had the impresson that my playing is too silent, but i couldn’t play it louder. I would make more mistakes if i play it louder. The quality of the sound seemed to be better, when i recorded it with my phone on soundcloud, haha.

Merry Christmas to everybody! πŸ™‚

curlyuke
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Posting early so I don’t miss the deadline.
    It’s been nice to have an easier beginner song this month, I might have even got it cracked by January!
    Merry Christmas

nthibode

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I just joined Rock Class 101 this month and am excited to participate in this member challenge! Here is my video of The First Noel. Looking forward to learning more.

~Nathalie

kanae926
    Participant

Nathalie, that was simply lovely! It was so relaxed and had a great feel. Such a beautiful tree in the background, too.
    πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ„πŸŽΆ

rickeymike
    Participant

Very nice, Stiny, Curly, and Nat. Stiny, your sound was a little low volume but wouldn’t that be the microphone’s fault, not your playing?

Curly- sweet and lovely

Nat loved the “pace”. you are my idol. Loved the “sustain” which is what I’m attempting. What’s the secret to getting a sustain on those 8th notes?

nthibode

Thanks kanae926 and rickeymike!

I was disappointed with the low volume as well, though I just used the built-in microphone from my Nikon DSLR camera. The volume would surely improve with a better mic.

Wish I knew what the secret to sustaining was, but I just practice, practice, practice until the song comes out how I want it to. Maybe Andrew has better insights on this topic.

Wishing you all the best!

curlyuke
    Participant

Thanks Rickeymike, I was aiming for a playing style that matched my personality so I glad it worked 🀣

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Dear friends,

James Ingram sang it beautifully in Just Once: “…my best wasn’t good enough.”
    My sentiments exactly! All of you play so well. Congrats on fabulous entries, ALL!
    At this stage in learning, this is my best.

Nonetheless, submitted with love…love for my husband, for family, for Andrew’s Rock Class 101 & for Him whose birth we celebrate.

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Let’s try this, again.

rickeymike
    Participant

Good for you, Anne. You chose the song that I think is beyond my ability. Did you ever consider using a strap? It may help with keeping the neck up.

Andrew
    Keymaster

nthibode – Wow Nathalie! Your phrasing has such beauty, I had to listen twice πŸ™‚

nthibode

Thanks for the compliment, Andrew! I picked up the ukulele two years ago (it was a Christmas gift for my kids but I couldn’t put it down) and have been teaching myself ever since, thanks to YouTube and all the wonderful resources out there. It was mostly chords/singing for the first year and a half, but I have moved on to fingerstyle songs and am loving it! Your site — Rock Class 101 — as well as ukulelehunt.com and the book Ukulele Aerobics have played a big part in my learning. Thanks for all your hard work!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Amazing for 2 years! Keep up the great work πŸ™‚

brettboy
    Participant

I’m a premium member πŸ™‚

Hi Ukulele Friends!

I chose to learn We Three Kings.
    It was a fun and rewarding challenge.
    Happy Holidays Everyone!

rickeymike
    Participant

Chills, Brett. Reminded me of a harp playing at a high-class Christmas party. Not that I’ve ever been to one. Ha.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.