Participate in the December 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    ukandoit

And yes i totaly failed the 8 at the end 😀

dividedsky
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback, Andrew! I forgot to mention that I made a donation to the Ukulele Kid’s Club. What a great cause! (I sent you an email through the site.)

AJ

Here is everyone on page 9!

whollyprofit – Sounds great!! Your rubato sounds great as well as your technique. One thing I would say is work on the dynamics a bit so that everything isn’t all the same loudness. Overall great job!!

somasoma321 – Very nice!! Great performance of this piece. Keep it up!!

lisamcc – Great Job! Not much to say here. I enjoyed your performance!

andrewvh – Awesome job!! I would mainly work on the chords and melody higher up on the neck. That’s still something I have to really focus on when I play, so it just takes a bit extra focus and practice for those bits. Great job overall!

jayton – This is great! Only thing I can think to do to make it better is just play it all the way through a bit more, and focus on getting all the notes and chords sounding at the proper duration. there were a few notes that were cut short. That can make a piece sound choppy, so once you get used to it , it will sound so much smoother!

dal08260 – Sounds great!! I would just spent some more time practicing those transitions from chord to chord. You know the piece well, There is just a bit of hesitation here and there before chords. Other than that it sounds great!

ukandoit – Awesome job!! Not much to say. Really great performance! Dynamics and that percussive slap all sounded very nice. Keep up the great work!!

ukandoit

Thank you @AJ !

alana_
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi guys!
    Here is my version of Deck the Halls. It’s got a few mistakes but I’m sure will be getting much more practice around the holiday season haha.
    I’ve really enjoyed these past few months and my progress so far. Thanks Andrew for your honest and genuinely interested feedback!

I’ve contacted the Ukulele Kids Club to see if I can donate in Australia (but I don’t think we have it here). Otherwise I will be donating to the US.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone and stay safe 🙂
    Alana

rickeymike
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Just a little “groan” but it was just one take. ha

tric_o_tronic
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi
    Not my best work but it was a busy December.

Merry Christmas everyone. Until next year.

turkgoose
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I wish I had more time to practice but this is the best I have for the time I have left for “The Christmas Song”. Great arrangement, Evan! Wishing a Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year!

tsetsova

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

This is my entry with the arrangement for ‘Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah’. I really enjoyed learning it! It was nice to use the low G for a change 🙂

I wish I had a bit more time to polish it but on the other hand it’s nice to have some time off during the holidays!

Happy holidays everyone!

sdorunga
    Participant

This is my entry for “Carol of the Bells”. It’s really fun to play but it was quite the challenge to learn some of the more difficult bars, especially the “spider” part (although it does sound great when I manage to get it right).

Didn’t get nearly as much practice in as the other two challenges before but I’m happy enough with the result. Practicing it in smaller chunks and trying to improve the challenging parts really helped to improve a lot faster than last time so thanks for that advice.

Also thanks to Steven for the really great arrangement – it’s very beautiful.

laurakarr12
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER

I wanted DECK THE HALLS to sound so pretty for everyone this Christmas. I practiced and practiced but did not get the piece to where I wanted it to be for this video recording. OHHHH, the struggles.
    Merry Christmas, to one and all!

bemarlie

Hi everyone!
    Here is my contribution to the December challenge: The Christmas Song
    I know there are still some bumpy bits but it’s another 3 days to Christmas … still some time to practice 😉
    Anyway it was lots of fun to practice. Thank you for the nice song!!!
    Cheers, Marlie

And: I am a premium member!

stianukulele

Hi
    Thank you Andrew for posting a reminder on youtube, I did not read all the details and was in the belief that I could post troughout the entire month 🙂

Anyway, here it is, Christmas Song, taped late in the evening here in Norway 22. december, only 1,5 hours to 23 dec. 🙂

Happy Holidays! (God Jul)

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by stianukulele.
    ukesilver
    Participant

@Andrew thank you, i will look into it during xmas holidays!

@lakeside339
    thanks a lot! you’re too kind! 🙂

oldan_
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Hello everyone & happy holidays with my slightly messed up rendition of Deck the Halls. Fingers are crossed 🙂

I also donated 10$ to the Uke Club.

Daniel

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 219 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.