Participate in the January 2022 Member Challenge: Celebrating 500 Lessons!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the January 2022 Member Challenge: Celebrating 500 Lessons!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    sarahmusic

hey everyone,

i loved hearing everyone’s contributions and interpretations 🙂

i’m new to fingerpicking, so it’s not perfect – but here is my attempt at Here Comes The Sun:

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by sarahmusic.
    yukalele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Happy New Year to all…

I learnt “Here Comes The Sun” some while ago, so I decided to do St James Infirmary this month. Without doubt, this is the hardest thing I’ve tried seriously to learn from Andrews great selection of music. I’ve given up on a few harder things, but I stuck at this.

The result is not great, but by editing a couple of videos together I’ve got my best attempt down – not great, but I’ll keep at it in February, March, April…

kirpuff
    Participant

Not perfect, but oh look its the 31st :O

Enjoyed this one! Thanks, Andrew!

mac1984
    Participant

I practiced here comes the sun most of the month but never got it to a point where I’d be happy with what i recorded so learned dream a little dream of me quickly. I’m going to keep going with here comes the sun though because that song is awesome!

themccoys
    Participant

Just couldn’t resist the jazzy feel of this one, even if it’s a reach for me at this point. Also, finally figured out how to do a harmonic, which is EXCITING. I admit, I almost gave up on that point alone, but I’m so glad to have climbed that mountain. Now just to be able to hit it consistently 🙂

Def a lot of room for growth on this one, but captured a take without too many stumbles. Thanks as always for an awesome challenge!

lovebats
    Participant

Here is me playing here comes the sun. I started playing a couple of months ago so I am not a professional.

kpurdy
    Participant

I think this was above my level, but I love the song and the arrangement is beautiful. I worked hard at it and should have recorded it a few days ago because I feel like I played it more smoothly. Oh well…learned a ton and had fun. Thanks for any feedback. I loved watching all of the great submissions!

I’m a premium member.

kelsey91
    Participant

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having a great year! I think my goal for this year is to actually be able to play a song all the way through. Tax season has started so I’ll be back in a few months… 😆 but really though here is me pretty much playing each part but in pieces ! At least it was really sunny today
    Still got practice to do on this one but thank you for the lesson!

charles605

Well it’s January 31st. Enjoy the fire and turn down the volume.

dividedsky
    Participant

Here is my submission of Dream a Little Dream of Me. It’s been great watching everyone’s videos!

sylus9
    Participant

This song was a stretch.. had a little Trouble with the swing timing.
    Evans songs are becoming less scary lol
    Can’t wait for the next list this year and half has been great!

dottiectrain
    Participant

For this month’s challenge, I went with Dream a Little Dream.

uku241
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I went with Five Foot Two – enjoyed the whole strumming course to get there. Of course, couldn’t find the time to really practice those chord changes.

Sorry, autofocus got turned off on the camera.

Also, I was out of cell phone range this weekend and couldn’t watch online to learn the last couple of chords.

Oh well, so fun!

puppylovesuke
    Participant

Had to compress above video to make the deadline (internet slow lol). This version is a little less painful on the ears (tried to give it some Doris Day drag)?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Andrew. Reason: I deleted your first post, which was submitted within the deadline. So you will get an entry for this one even though it shows outside of the deadline :)
    sarrafina
    Participant

St James Infirmary was my first blues piece and it has its own challenges. We had some recording challenges this month so are doing this one using a shotgun mic off camera.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 199 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.