Participate in the July 2017 Member Challenge – Beginner Themed Challenge

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2017 Member Challenge – Beginner Themed Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow, awesome job Naomi 🙂 I have just a couple suggestions for you: Don’t forget to go back to the F chord in bar 13 and (you know this is coming, lol) memorize. Keep up the great work, your playing is sounding lovely!

Andrew
    Keymaster

And of course, I missed your memorize comment. You know I get on you for that haha 🙂 have fun at camp!

jam0h101
    Participant

Haha! Just realized that this ukulele is the same one that I own right now! I think its great except for the fact that it only has 12 frets but it is defiantly worth the $60.

philrab66
    Participant

Well done Naomi great job

chipkk

Here is my shot at Aura Lee. I have been playing about 2 months and am working on trying to get each note clean and clear. This is not my best, but one that I felt would offer up come constructive comments. This is tons of fun and many thanks to Andrew for putting together Rock Class 101.

chipkk

Rats, got to figure out how to reduce the file size from my laptop camera….just more to laern.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey guys, the upload limit is only 5 megabytes. The upload feature is more for sharing photos. In the last 3 challenges I have accepted videos from members and hosted it for them. This time around, I’d like to ask everyone to please create a YouTube account to host your videos and share the video link on the forum.

Creating an account is easy and free 🙂 here is the link to create an account: https://www.youtube.com/create_channel

If you are absolutely against doing so, please send me the performance video and I’ll be happy to host it for you: [email protected].

chipkk

Lets try this link. Thanks Andrew for the help.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by chipkk.
    philrab66
    Participant

Hi Chip
    My advice is to listen to Andrew how to practice properly. Use the tab viewer slow it right down loop bar 1 until you can play it at a decent speed then move on to bar 2. Don’t try and play whole song through.

chipkk

Thanks for the kind advice.

I played the piece over and over at a much slower rate because that one of the only songs the Elvis did that I ever liked. He sang it slow and full of soul. When I did the first video that way I could hear far more of the same issues that i felt were in the one published. That being pauses in rhythm, unclear notes, and simply only having 2 months learning the instrument.

But I am jazzed to be doing this and getting better and more confident every day. Thanks again for the advice and I plan on working to organize my practice sessions better to help me move forward.

connie
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

You were right, this month’s challenge is perfect for where I’m at in the Beginner Course. Trying to submit earlier to get feedback while I’m still working on the song.

I’m also currently working on switching Strumming method from just index finger over to the Claw. I notice my Strumming hand looks like it’s at an odd angle in the video. Not sure if that’s just the angle I shot it at, or the fact that I have long thin hands, or if I need to make an ergo correction.

Thanks! Connie

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by connie.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by connie.
    philrab66
    Participant

Hi Drew
    Just a quick question how do you count an 8th quarter quarter 8th 8th 8th is it 12 3a4a
    Thanks Phil

timthecuber314
    Participant

Thanks Andrew! This song is quite fun to play, especially the end!

lisadmh
    Participant

Here’s my entry. I added a swing because I like swing. Please tell if this bad. I can repost straight if preferred.

Also, I’d love feedback on how to make it smoother. It sounds much choppier on playback than does in my head but haven’t the foggiest clue how make it better.

Thanks!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Drew
    Just a quick question how do you count an 8th quarter quarter 8th 8th 8th is it 12 3a4a
    Thanks Phil

1 & (2) & (3) & 4 &

Hold for the parenthesis. tricky, clap it, say it, and tap along.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.