Participate in the July 2017 Member Challenge – Beginner Themed Challenge

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2017 Member Challenge – Beginner Themed Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

th1234 – Great job 🙂 Couple suggestions: Try to ease up on the strum attack. A lighter strum will produce a sweeter/softer tone. Also, tighten up the ending a bit and you’ll be rock-n and rolling!

Excellent playing Margo! My only suggestion for you is to keep your fingers curved at the first knuckle when you make the G chord.

cyberloh
    Participant

Slight variation, just for fun.

nocnyptak

Thanks Andrew!!!

To celebrate launching UBASS on the rockclass101 site here is my brand new bass uke version of Aura Lee 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow, that was so cool! I just shared it on our Facebook page 🙂

lisathoyt

Slowly….

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by lisathoyt.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by lisathoyt.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa, the upload limit is only 5 megabytes. The upload feature is more for sharing photos. In the last 3 challenges I have accepted videos from members and hosted it for them. This time around, I’d like to ask everyone to please create a YouTube account to host your videos and share the video link on the forum.

Creating an account is easy and free 🙂 here is the link to create an account: https://www.youtube.com/create_channel

cbrashear

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by cbrashear.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by cbrashear.
    kayleighb

Thanks Andrew. I was so bummed that I missed that last note. It has been particularly hot in the UK and I think sweaty hands had made my grip a bit loose! If I mess up on the next one I will remember to just keep going rather than stop until I get the note! 😁

Andrew
    Keymaster

YK (cyberloh), that was really really cool! Love the variations and great playing 🙂

Margo, you rocked that U-Bass 🙂

Lisa, I always say slow and steady wins the race 🙂 you did very well, keep up the great work!

cbrashear – that was so good! I’m jealous I wish I was that good at that age, keep it up! And I loved the dog laugh, that was hilarious. My only suggestion for you is to go back and touch up the ending, with a little practice you’ll have it down. A truly great job! Love seeing younger members participate.

krasimirka55
    Participant

Here is Aura Lee

zukulele

Here is my soundcloud link and contest entry:

ramilog
    Participant

Sorry for the out of tuneness

ramilog
    Participant

ukuleleloo
    Participant

Hi,

For the July Challenge, I’m playing Aura Lee.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by ukuleleloo.
    theandersons
    Participant

Funny how I can play this perfectly, in time with no flubs until I turn on the darn recorder. Oh well, the more I do the better I will get. I did add in a note at the end – that’s my creativity for the month. 🙂 This was fun. Looking forward to next month.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.