Participate in the May 2017 Member Challenge – Classical Ukulele Challenge

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2017 Member Challenge – Classical Ukulele Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    walter

I like the tone you get out of your uke, and the smoothness of your playing!

freeclmr

Good evening everyone. I’ve been traveling back and forth across the country on business; practicing this piece. It’s about as good as it’s going to get before the end of the month. Recorded from the hotel room in San Francisco…..

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by freeclmr.
    florian
    Participant

Hello everyone. Heres my attempt at playing In the Hall of the Mountain King:

I know it’s not really good but that’s kind of the reason why I uploaded it. I would like to hear everything I did wrong and how I could do better.

sebastian

Last minute … here’s my entry for the challenge (Ode To Joy) – I wish I would have had more time to practice in May. 🙂

ed_sanderson
    Participant

Here is Fur Elise at half speed. I had hoped to get the tempo up and the mistakes down, but this is where I am at.

theandersons
    Participant

OK….been playing for a month. I can’t keep doing retakes…just have to go with what I have. This has been great fun. Everyone has done so well!

OK..well, the file was too big so here is a link to watch it.

In The Hall Of The Mountain King

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by theandersons.
    skyoly
    Participant

Fur Elise. I’ve tried , but have lost in time)))

cindy_le
    Participant

Here’s my entry! 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by cindy_le.
    freeclmr

Great job to everyone; with their contributions. Here’s my attempt at Ode To Joy.

iris_peterson
    Participant

Hello! I’m a beginner and so happy to be here and getting my entry into the contest under the wire. Thanks for the outstanding lessons, Andrew! Here is my progress on In the Hall of the Mountain King

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by iris_peterson.
    ukukelley1
    Participant

Andrew,
    I had trouble posting again due to file size, so I had to send my Ode to Joy entry to you via email.
    For me, getting a video posted seems to be as challenging as the ukulele playing…
    Thanks again for doing these challenges. The goal setting really helps getting to a better level of completeness with a piece.
    Thanks,
    Sheryl, aka ukukelley

tpoppen

Late night entry. Better late than never.

mca310
    Participant

Hiiii – I hope I’m not too late !!!

I have been a premium member since the beginning (2015?) when Andrew was doing amazing things with his Makala soprano (his best performances imho!). I have been playing off and on since and recently got back into it. Sadly, I didn’t get to practice this arrangement very much, so I hope it qualifies 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by mca310.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Just in time Maria 🙂 Great job, you’re almost there, melody C is the tricky one with that tune. BTW, did you see June’s Challenge and the song that is on there 😉

mca310
    Participant

Yes!!! Over the moon about it 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.