Participate in the May 2017 Member Challenge – Classical Ukulele Challenge

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2017 Member Challenge – Classical Ukulele Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow, great job guys! Love seeing these videos come in! Btw, Lisa feel free to email me your next video and I can upload it to my YouTube Channel. This way we can get a higher quality recording 🙂

I’m gonna post a video tomorrow with a few tips for you guys: Erick (ukeninja), HonuHonu (Francis), Lisa and Carmelo. Again, awesome playing. Love it!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey guys, here is a quick video with some feedback. Hope it helps, let me know if you have any questions 🙂 Again, awesome job everyone!

lisadmh
    Participant

Thank you for the encouragement and guidance Andrew! I’m honoured to have made it into your video. What a great place you have here.

honuhonu
    Participant

Andrew, thanks again for reviewing our videos.
    Very good insight, this care and attention sets you aside from the other learning sites.
    I can honestly say (from my experience) this is actually as good if not better than most
    private lessons I’ve had.

Regards,

HonuHonu

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thanks guys 🙂

twizzler
    Participant

Alright, here is my entry.

relaxinguke
    Participant

Ok, here’s “In the Hall of the Mountain King”. Or, as I more fondly remember it, part of the opening theme song for the old adventures of sonic the hedgehog cartoon. Enjoy!

P.S. Please excuse the subtle sounds of my metronome in the background haha

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by relaxinguke.
    olphart
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m working on In the Hall of the Mountain King, (The Pier Gynt Suite was the first classical music I enjoyed, waaayy back in my teen years,around 1957 I think).
    Anyway, I was working with my tenor uke, but have switched over to a baritone, using the same fingering, so the actual chords are different. I play the g note from bar 5 and 7 as a d, plucked on fret 3 of the b string. That is the only real change I’ve made in the arrangement. To me it sounds right, though I admit that I’m a newby too with just under 3 months of Ukulele fever. (got into it by accident)
    My question is, is this ok within the rules of the challenge?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Totally fine olphart! I’m looking forward to watching your performance! And awesome jobs Twizzler and relaxinguke. Very well played and I love that you used a metronome 🙂

cindywangg
    Participant

Not perfect and hopefully it will sound better by the end of this month. But here it is! Also, I couldn’t play the last 2 melodies at the same tempo as the other melodies, so I did slow it down. (btw, I edited the recording a little when my rhythm was off)

Andrew
    Keymaster

Cindy, that was superb! Great playing 🙂

mkpruss
    Participant

Awesome job on Canon in D, Carmelo! I got about half of that one, but the harder parts seem a bit too challenging at the moment. I’m hoping to post Ode to Joy later today. Really good job on this one Carmelo! You inspired me to start working on it again.

Wow. Just listened to Cindy play it and got more inspiration! Terrific job!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by mkpruss.
    mkpruss
    Participant

Here’s my entry…
    Ode To Joy

cindywangg
    Participant

Thank you Andrew and Mkpruss. Your Ode to Joy sounds great 🙂 I hope you continue to work on Canon in D, it was quite challenging at first but you can definitely do it!

carmeloukes
    Participant

Thanks for the compliment Andrew, Cindy, and Marissa
    Cindy and Marissa, you did great as well!!!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by carmeloukes.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.