Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    lissid
    Participant

PREMIUM MEMBER

I really enjoyed learning and practicing this tune. It stretched my memorizing skills though, phew, in a good way. I feel I am slowly gaining a better flow with my fingerpicking and I’m plucking the strings less forcefully. I still really struggle with trickier chord transitions no matter how much I practice.
    I have a couple of mutes in my performance but overall I’m happy.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by lissid.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by lissid.
    oldan_
    Participant

I am a premium member.

So here is a slightly improved version of my submission. Gave it a bit of rest, it’s now I think a bit more fluid, but a little less clean.

Anyhow, when I sometimes hit it right it sounds lovely, so I’ll keep at it 🙂

Thanks RC101.

pgoody
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

uku_on
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    I honestly did not expect to enter at all this month due to exams and finals but I happened to have “learned” this song when the lesson was released. I have no practiced the piece in months and the recording was very last second but I got a played version out so here it is !

cyberloh
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

coffeemug
    Participant

Andrew, many thanks for the helpful feedback! When I first started Rock Class I had a lot of timing issues, so I think I’ve been overcompensating by paying too much attention to timing and the beat. It seems this has suppressed my inherent grooviness! I will implement your suggestions. Much appreciated!

unclemymy

I’m a premium member. Puff the magic dragon, Great song!

themccoys
    Participant

I am a premium member.

This song was challenging for me as a beginner, between the new upstrum, the syncopation, and a couple of the chords/ hand positions really tripped me up. And I totally hoped to go slower to make it smoother/ more melodic but nerves got the best of me! Not really thrilled with this take, but alas it’s the end of the month and hopefully it’s a fair representation of effort on this work in progress…

xarqin
    Participant

Andrew,

Loving your site. As a complete beginner, I am learning a lot from these videos and watching others. Here’s my way stumbling through the Puff the Magic Dragon tune.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Video Removed
    dividedsky
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

My submission of Puff the Magic Dragon. This is my first time submitting anything for a challenge; it’s been fun! I’m looking forward to the next challenge.

iyers408

I AM PREMIUM MEMBER.

All the choices were great. I started enjoying “Toss a coin to your Witcher” more and more as I continued to play it.

mac1984
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I can do better than this, but I waited until 11pm on the last day of the contest to record. I’ll redeem myself next month.

lakeside339
    Participant

I am a premium member

Hurricane force winds here knocked out my power literally right before I was about to record. Couldn’t see much of anything by candlelight, especially my side dots. Not a great recording – Please me a little slack guys 😁
    My attempt at Haunted Uke. Seems fitting somehow….

Andrew
    Keymaster

@xarqin – You posted the October challenge video, please post the November challenge song 🙂

lildevil
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    Time’s up. I’m not proud. Still haven’t figured out audio and don’t have the song down. C- at most.
    Happy holidays everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.