Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    nthibode

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

The last two verses of Puff the Magic Dragon get me all choked up. Listen on and you’ll know why. Poor Puff.

Cheers!

rickeymike
    Participant

Beautiful, Nat. Please cheer me up by adding this last verse:

Puff the Magic Dragon walked out on the Strand.
    He looked down and there he saw footprints in the sand.
    A voice said Mr. Dragon, please don’t be so sad.
    My name is Jenny Paper. I was sent here by my dad.

miztaken
    Participant

@rickeymike
    I love that added verse by Yarrow and Lipton, it gives the song a feeling of hope and resurrection of imagination and love and joy.
    Even as an adult I would cry when hearing “Puff”, because it just stopped! at the loss of childish innocence and imagination… heartbreaking stuff.
    Now it has the full cycle: innocence, love, joy, loss and back to the start again.

nthibode

Thanks Rickey 🙂 That’s a much better ending!

cauer2

I Am A Premium Member.
    Well, its on a low G and it needs some cleaning up but its done. took me a while to get it up to speed, but it was easier to play on the low G; its so much nicer to play than my high G. I will see if I can get it on the high G in another video.

Andrew
    Keymaster

krolik – Here’s my feedback for you and the live lesson that I referenced.

shmu88 – Fantastic playing! Watch the timing when you transition to the chorus. I was tapping along and grooving to how steady your rhythmic feel was, but then you jumped quite a bit in that section. Instead, try to gradually speed up. It’ll feel more natural that way.

qiuyan – Lovely playing and great job with the right hand work! Those up-strums really at a nice timbre 🙂

rebeca – Well done, that was a great performance!

simonalexander – Performance was great, but I’d recommend reviewing this lesson and this one for tips on how to properly hold the ukulele. The way that you’re holding it now makes you reliant on the use of a strap.

nthibode – Bravo! Well played and I loved that you sang the last half 🙂

cauer2 – I like it on low G! One change, at 53 seconds, do the G note on E string instead of open 4. That’s the only one that sounded off to me.

As for the performance, I think you knocked it outta the park! The hard thing w/ this 1 is the rhythm. And you aced it. Well done!

simonalexander
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Andrew. I’ve taken the strap off! Oh boy, do I have a lot of bad habits to unlearn!

apoole

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi everyone, I’ve just recently joined and have been working my way through the beginners course. Really enjoying everyone’s submissions and the feedback for the challenge. Here’s my attempt at Haunted Uke

cauer2

Thanks Andrew,
    I’m glad you mentioned playing the G on the E string. I have been working on fretboard memorization for a little bit and this observation is perfect for me to start putting the things I’m learning into practice. I’m excited to see what it’ll sound like.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@apoole – Great job on the timing and sustain of the slides. Wonderfully done, keep up the great work Anthony!

krolik
    Participant

Thanks for you feedback Andrew, I’ll definitely work on that.

qiuyan
    Participant

Thank you Andrew 😊

apoole

Thanks Andrew!

rebeca

@Andrew Thank you! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@pippin105 – My apologies, Linda. I somehow missed your entry! I thought you did really well. Excellent job on the timing. My only suggestion is to pluck a little bit lighter with your thumb. This is most notable in the B Melody, since it plays off the C string, which rings with the most volume. But a lighter pluck produces a softer, sweeter tone.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.