The Last of Us

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing The Last of Us

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    samash07
    Participant

In anticipation of the upcoming HBO series, wanted to learn the masterpiece theme <3

Maybe possible spoilers for those that haven’t played TLOU1?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by samash07.
    surferjay
    Participant

Ah mate that’s amazing, really! You’ve really captured the feel of the game! TLOU for me is the est video game of all time. I used to have a channel where I uploaded my TLOU videos of online play. I changed them all to private now but here’s one for anyone who has never seen the game online πŸ™‚

samash07
    Participant

Thanks! As an avid TLOU fan this is what I wanted to do with the video, capture the feel of the game.

I never played the online though.

camper
    Participant

Sounded nice and mellow.

surferjay
    Participant

@samash07 If I could sing I would learn this on the guitar πŸŽ™

I miss Joel 😭

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by surferjay.
    robinboyd
    Participant

@surferjay – challenge accepted. I don’t really play guitar much, but I think I can manage it.

surferjay
    Participant

@robinboyd if you do I will πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@samash07, that was so flippin’ beautiful! Where did that arrangement come from?

I have not played The Last of Us but it seems intriguing!

@surferjay
    , that song is one of my favorite songs of all time, both the original version and the slower acoustic version! And I love that version too! I hope you and @robinboyd cover it, that’d be pretty awesome! 😊

robinboyd
    Participant

@surferjay – I’ve already started learning it, but it will be a few weeks at least before I get a finished product.

surferjay
    Participant

@robinboyd that’s awesome look forward to the cover and singing πŸ‘€

@tbb The Last of Us for me is just one of those stories where you fall in love with the characters. The games set in a post-apocalyptic world and it’s just a beautiful story about life with many lessons on the way.

You can watch the story without playing the game here:

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, I just watched the first minute or two and can already tell it’s a game I’d like to play. My sister, bro, and one of our friends and I have a “game club” where we play a game then discuss. We’re playing through Alan Wake right now but maybe that one could be next!

But are there zombies…?

@robinboyd
    , that’s a lovely start! I love that song so much.

surferjay
    Participant

@tbb I don’t want to overhype it as I think it’s a story/characters that you fall in love with as the plot develops. If you read the comments sections (maybe don’t as there are probably spoilers) you’ll see there are just so many people debating ethics/love/life a game club would be in its element 🍿🍿🍿 Definitely lots of zombies πŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈπŸ§Ÿβ€β™‚οΈπŸ§Ÿ

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by surferjay.
    surferjay
    Participant

@robinboyd You motivated me to dust off my guitar. A very rough 30 seconds of TLOU version.. Need to practise it obviously πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Playing the guitar reminds me of how much more I prefer playing the Uke 😍

samash07
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard thanks for the lovely comments! The arrangement is originally from AlWood on YouTube, he does some really amazing arrangements and I suggest everyone should check them out. Most of his tabs are free but there’re no tutorials.

I’ll try to learn Take on Me!

@surferjay
    that 30 second arrangement sounds great! And yeah unfortunately I can’t sing either xD

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by samash07.
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, story- / character-driven games are some of my favorite kinds of games, so I’m defs intrigued! I also like that it’s apparently set in the south of the U.S. because they have pretty fantastic accents there. πŸ˜… See, now I have to agree that it would be perfect for our game club (discussions)! I’m not the biggest fan of zombies due to being, well, incredibly squeamish, but if the story is worthwhile I could overlook that (probably). πŸ˜…

That was such a beautiful start to that song, friend! Did you add in the melody or did she play that in the video? I know she sang but I didn’t notice if she played the melody on guitar too. So nice!!

@samash07
    , that sounds pretty cool, imma have to check that person out! I hope you do choose to learn that song too; that’d be funny if there were three different renditions in this thread. πŸ˜…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.