The Last of Us

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing The Last of Us

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jgillard, ha, yes, that’s the hardest part of learning any song is trying to get it perfectly smooth. At the same time, some amount of hesitation can be good. No one wants a perfectly mechanical performance. But also, at some point you have to start forgiving your human imperfections. πŸ˜…

samash07
    Participant

Finally got around to covering Take on Me (A-ha)

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@samash07, that was very lovely! Thank you for sharing that! You created that arrangement?

I actually tried to figure that one out but couldn’t for some reason sadly. Love that song! 😊

samash07
    Participant

Thanks, and no I’m not that skilled enough to write my own arrangements, maybe one day? πŸ˜… It was from a YouTube channel.

Yeah I love this song as well, especially after playing Last of Us 2.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Oh lovely! Nonetheless, a lovely performance! Which YouTube channel, if you don’t mind saying?

Ha, I love that song just because I enjoy ’80’s love / power ballads, but the version from the show seems really lovely. 😊

They already have a second one, a second game or show? I’m the least hip person ever when it comes to these things. πŸ˜‚

samash07
    Participant

The channel is Ukulele Time and from what I’ve seen in his videos the tutorials are mainly for Low G ukulele.

Second game’s been out for years nowπŸ˜…, the show will catch up next year I presume.

surferjay
    Participant

Another variation on the Uke:

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@samash07, thank you! I’ll have to look for that. 😊 I can’t even say how much I wish someone from Rock Class would do an arr. of “Take On Me,” the slow version, too.

Ha, see, case in point, I have no idea what’s going on with games, unless my brother tells me. πŸ˜…

@surferjay
    , that was so cool!! Thank you for sharing that. I love how jazzy it sounds, very original take. He has a really nice voice, too. I did notice that maybe his uke was a bit out of tune or something, or maybe that was intentional dissonance in the song? Either way that was awesome! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.