The Last of Us

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing The Last of Us

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    surferjay
    Participant

@tbb I would watch the play through on YouTube rather than play the game. If you are squeamish be aware it’s very graphic.

Ely sings in TLOU so she strummed the chords. The melody isn’t in the TLOU version. I think to do the song justice it needs a vocal.

🍿🧟

robinboyd
    Participant

@surferjay – Nice job!

marlongas
    Participant

In the last month challenge i posted the same cover!!! Great!!! I learned it 2 years ago from another YouTube user. It´
    s the best cover(for me)of this amazing game

marlongas
    Participant

I’ve took the cover from here. I love this arrangement but I still have things to improve to do it as well as him…

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, so my sister told me that the zombies in the game are “mushroom zombies”? So there’s a chance we may play through the game which would be pretty sweet. I’ll just look away when things become too much. 😂

Either way the theme song is lovely. 😊

I feel like there could be a really lovely solo ukulele version of that other song. I just haven’t gotten around to requesting that yet or fully able to do the arrangement myself.

@marlongas
    , that was so lovely!! Thanks for sharing that. 😊

surferjay
    Participant

@tbb there is an option to turn off the blood I think 🙂 The zombies are full on murderers don’t play alone in the dark. Some of it’s a little disturbing tbh.

For me some of the games today are so immersive (maybe it’s just me) that when I turn off the console it takes a moment to acclimatise to ‘reality’. It didn’t help that I finished playing The Last of Us when the Corona virus started… Being stuck in quarantine, with testing centers everywhere and people walking around in hazmat suits.. I was like ok.. where are the Zombies.

samash07
    Participant

That was a great performance @marlongas it’s amazing how different ukuleles produce unique sounds. I would’ve loved to do this on my wood uke but it’s a Low G now xd

I found one tab for Take on Me, which is based on the original, not the TLOU version.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, if we do get to play, then I think I’d have to go with the “less gore” option. 😅 Scary games can be fun, but it’s true that they’re so immersive, especially with a character-driven story and just the realism they can achieve in games now. Ha, I definitely would not play alone. I learned that lesson the hard way a few times.

@samash07
    , I wonder if it’s the same tab I found. There was one of the original, faster version of the song that seemed pretty good but when I found it it was way above my skill level. I should go back and try it now that I know a bit more. It’s a lovely song though.

robinboyd
    Participant

I’ve learned that cover of Take on Me, now, and I was going to record it today, but I cut my finger last night, and it hurts too much. I’ll try and record it on the weekend or something.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@robinboyd, hooray! Can’t wait to hear it! Sorry about your hand, yeesh, you’re really going through it in that regard. 😅

surferjay
    Participant

@robinboyd Got the 🍿🍿🍿🍿 ready 😍

samash07
    Participant

Sweet, looking forward to it and hope your finger gets patched soon! @robinboyd

jgillard
    Participant

Here is my take from the RockClass version! 🙂

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jgillard, that was awesome! I love RC101’s version of that song and you played it beautifully! 😊

jgillard
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard, thanks for the feedback! I’m not happy with the slight hesitations on chord changes in the “Melody B” section.. It’s something to work on! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.