Two Years of Uke

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Two Years of Uke

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Awwww thank you all! I feel the 🧑 and 🧑 you all too! 😁 And thank you @robinboyd, you were the one I thought I may have offended but you have no idea what I’m talking about so we cool! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚ I just need to calm down like a lot, but sometimes the ol’ brain goes against you and I appreciate the reassurances nonetheless. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‚

@gi_gi_
    those look so neat! I’m definitely going to look through those, thank you!! I love Ukulele Wales, she’s so insightful and cute, I watched some of her videos talking about electric ukuleles when I first won the one from here! At some point I think I would want to try a more elaborate set up but it’s definitely good to start out simply. 😊

@surferjay
    , that is pretty neat that you’re doing that but how does the a minor scale align with those chords? From what I remember from videos I’ve watched, don’t you have to omit certain notes at times to suit what chords you’re playing? I’m still working through the lessons even though I know a fair amount from playing piano, the arrangement of the notes on the fretboard is what I struggle with most. Pianos are more orderly and linear. Ukes are definitely cuter, more spirited, and quirkier though. πŸ˜‚

surferjay
    Participant

@tbb Sooo chords and scales are interrelated (sounds illegal but it’s not πŸ˜‚). I tried to explain it.. deleted it.. Then googled it πŸ™‚

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejazzpianosite.com/jazz-piano-lessons/jazz-scales/chord-scale-system/%3Famp%3D1

I didn’t omit any notes but it does sound better if you start the scale on the note or one of the notes of the chord you are playing. So for example if you are playing the G chord start the scale from any of the notes you are holding down to make the chord.

Theory is 1000% easier to learn on the piano.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, yes, so many musical terms sound highly questionable. I won’t even say what they are though because this site is family friendly. Also I shouldn’t have brought that up at all. πŸ˜‚πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜…

I’ll defs give that a read, thank ye! 😊 I am going through the lessons here but it takes me a really long time and often multiple tries to imbibe information. For me it really helps to have the visual of a concept in action like in the video lessons otherwise my brain can just go blank… Well, more blank. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜…

Oh yes I think I know what you mean. Like the modes that Matt talked about in one of his videos. I’m starting with the beginner’s course here but I’m guessing that’s covered in the theory course. I’ll get there eventually. Maybe that’s something I can practice with the looper. 😊

surferjay
    Participant

@tbb πŸ˜‚ When does the looper arrive. Don’t forget there is a lesson on here for a loop cover of Sirius which is very cool 😎

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, supposedly it’ll be here Wednesday, tomorrow! There’s one specific song I’ve wanted to try from a movie since I’ve started playing uke but it involves playing on opposite ends of the fretboard for the melody / harmony the way I wanted to. I also don’t have an arrangement for the song so we’ll see how that goes. Ohhhhh yesss! I’ll have to look for that one on here! Then I can know one neato song right out of the gate! I hope you keep posting your loops to inspire gi_gi_ and I! πŸ˜…

surferjay
    Participant

@tbb At the moment I’m trying to learn Corey F’s arrangement of Canon in D.

I think it’s my favourite arrangement ever on the Uke. Definitely a slow burner in regards to learning progress.

My Uke time is minimal at the mo Probably pick it up again in the New Year.

Im looking forward to your loops πŸ‘€πŸ˜

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, not familiar with that arrangement of Canon in D but that sounds really intriguing!

The mini looper arrived and it was even minier than expected. I was like, “is it in there?” πŸ˜… But that’s also good because I’m running out of room for these things…

I’m hoping I can start to try it out on Sunday because this weekend is busy for me. As every weekend has been this month. Er last month. And this month. I don’t know what day it is…

Thank you kindly! I can’t wait to give it a whirl and I’ll show anything that’s not too sad here! πŸ˜… Maybe even my first attempt at it because that will probably be amusing. πŸ˜… Hope you get a chance to post what you’re working on if you have time!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.