Have a question

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Have a question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    godmustbecrazy
    Participant

Hi,

Can we suggest song here in this forum for upcoming September month challenge?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sure, you can post it here. Our next two challenges are already planned, but I’ll be happy to keep your suggestions in mind for the future. 🙂

rdmato08

Hello, Andrew: I am using your Premium lessons as a an important component of a broader community program. Several of our members just subscribed, including myself. We have children and elderly members and we would benefit from more guidance to the graded pieces/songs duets. We need to start with very simple musical reading pieces that move progressively. We noticed there is a huge jump between “The First Song” and “I’m yours” for level one. This worried many of our members. Perhaps, because we are not familiar with your site yet we are not finding the place where the graded songs and duets are easily accessible. We would really appreciate your guidance.

Thank you,

Dr. Matos

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Dr. Matos. To be honest, “I’m Yours” should be placed in a higher level. It was one of the first songs I arranged for the site and was placed there before I had a clearer understanding of how the 5 difficulty levels would unfold.

But I do want to stress that the majority of songs in each level are suitable for the suggested level. With that said, the best place to begin with our lessons is by reading through Learning Paths. It’s our step-by-step guide for creating a practice schedule and defining a path to work on.

For linear learning, I’d recommend starting with our Beginner’s Course. It teaches the fundamentals that prepare you for playing songs. You could also compliment this course with our Fingerpicking Course. It has lessons tailored for 3 levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Likewise, the Reading Course is setup the same way.

With fundamentals intact (e.g. understanding of simple rhythms and playing technique), you’ll be better able to navigate the songs list to tackle beginner level and level 1 songs.

I’m always available too if anyone has questions on a lesson. Feel free to post here or email me 🙂

rdmato08

Hello, Andrew: Thank you for your prompt response. We began yesterday with your first book at Module 2, lesson 3 which seemed the most relevant for the families given the knowledge they already had. We will continue working progressively through the modules. If I understand you correctly, as we move forward there will be songs with the modules that are aligned with level of the material for the module. In addition, the families can explore songs that they are interested in regardless of the levels. Some of the children already asked if it was Ok for the to learn songs that they liked and I told them to go ahead but to take it slow. Can you remind me the EDT time and days of your live sessions? If they are after the kids’ school hours I will try to get them to attend.

Thanks again!

Dr. Matos

Andrew
    Keymaster

If I understand you correctly, as we move forward there will be songs with the modules that are aligned with level of the material for the module.

Yes, every course has performance songs that’s related to the material taught in the course.

In addition, the families can explore songs that they are interested in regardless of the levels.

Yes, I’d encourage them to work on songs in addition to course work.

Can you remind me the EDT time and days of your live sessions?

Live lessons are every second Saturday of the month at 12 PM EST. Here is the forum post with more info on it, as well as, this month’s topic 🙂

rdmato08

Hello, Andrew: I am completing a grant application for the cultural program I am developing. Can you tell me if you have institutional yearly memberships and if so what this might be?

Thank you,
    Dr. Matos

Andrew
    Keymaster

Dr. Matos, do you mind contacting me privately about this. Thanks!

rdmato08

Hello, Andrew: I don’t have your personal e-mail. Can you e-mail me at [email protected]? Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.