Help Us Plan Our Lesson Curriculum for 2022!

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Help Us Plan Our Lesson Curriculum for 2022!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

null

Happy Holidays everyone! While 2021 has been difficult for all of us, YOUR support has been a beacon of light for myself and our team. I wanted to say thank you to all of you who have followed our lessons through the years and to those who have just joined our community. Here’s to a great 2022!

My team and I will be taking the next few weeks off, so new lessons will start back up on January 7th with the release of our brand new course: Next Level Strumming.

—-

2021 Lessons Recap

A) 60 Lessons Were Released This Year!

I have added every lesson we released this year in THIS YOUTUBE PLAYLIST.

Specifically:

45 Songs

3 Concept Lessons

12 Monthly Live Lessons

B) Our Teacher Roster Grew!

Ashley Orlando joined the team, bringing her unique teaching perspectives and excellent musical talent to the table!

C) 2,800+ Members Have Participated in Our Monthly Challenges!

You guys rock! To see so many of you participate month after month AND to watch you grow as players and musicians is what inspires us to create the best lessons we can!

Check out ALL of our previous monthly challenges HERE.

—-

What’s Coming in 2022?

A) Next Level Strumming Course – You’ll learn four amazing techniques that will add percussive depth to your strumming. These techniques are the very same ones used by many of the top ukulele performers!

This course will be taught by Matt Dahlberg. To hear a little snippet of Matt’s insane right hand technique CLICK HERE.

B) NEW Ideas – So I’ve got a couple ideas to share with you and I’d love to get your feedback on them. The first is to launch a new section for the site: Mini Lessons.

Essentially, you’ll learn a short lick, riff, or music theory concept. The idea is to teach you something you can learn in a few minutes. Here’s an example of a lick:

The second idea is to create a percussive course where you drum on the body of the ukulele. I’ve created one lesson on this unique playing approach:

But this lesson scrapes the tip of the iceberg. You can take it much further! I’ve got someone in mind who has incredible skills with this technique and could create this course for us. But, I’d have to reach out and see if they are interested in doing it.

C) Your Feedback – I’d love to hear from you! Let me know what you would like to see in 2022, but please keep it constructive and discussion-based (no song requests, please add those HERE).

Thank you SO MUCH for your support! YOUR support is the reason we have an AMAZING community!

gi_gi_
    Participant

Both those ideas sound wonderful. I would like them both. Thank you.

lisamcc
    Participant

Both ideas sound fantastic to me. I love the percussive stuff – I really like when James Hill does it and I’m a big fan of Adam Ben Ezra on the double bass. I would love to know what is going on with Taimaine’s right hand when she is playing fast. Any techniques or riffs- fantastic. Thank you for doing all you do – it’s amazing. Have a happy holiday and a fabulous, well deserved break. Lisa x

gi_gi_
    Participant

I just bought some cheap pedals and a looper and made a cute pedalboard. It would be nice to learn how to loop and things related to that esp for improving how to solo and to play with a backing track. Maybe there is something on this site already about it and I need to find it. Just a thought. Enjoy your much needed vacation. Appreciate all your hard work.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by gi_gi_.
    ukandrea
    Participant

Additionally to what you have already planned I’d find it super interesting to learn how to create arrangements of know songs. And I guess each of your teachers has another/own way how to do it like to start with the melody and then adding chords. Or starting with just chords, then adding the melody notes. Or search for existing notes and build on that etc.
    Thank you for considering,
    Andrea

surferjay
    Participant

1. Percussive Ukulele. There is literally no real advanced Tutorials for percussive Ukulele.

2. Flamenco Ukulele Course.

🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

Really, more of the same would be amazing. I love what y’all do around here. You come up with things I never knew I wanted to learn, and I love them. Percussion sounds like fun. Mini lessons sound like fun too.

I will always ask for more in the alternative/indie genre. Please? 🙂 And just some mellow, meditative sort of low G/bari tunes to settle in with — there’s a sound I’m looking for right now but I don’t know what it’s called. I’ll try to find something for the requests thread. Mellow low G is always a highlight for me though.

Gi-Gi’s pedal idea is really interesting. It would require an investment, and I doubt I could get the timing spot on enough to make it sound decent, but it’s such an interesting thing – I would love that to be introduced. I’ll second that request.

I look forward to learning whatever interesting things you introduce in 2022. Thank you for all you do, @Andrew and the whole RC team.

jeanette

Yes, both of the ideas sound great! Thank you so much for all your inspirational content. If I have one request it would probably be some more easy classical fingerpicking tunes, like the Etudes for beginners/low intermediates. I know it’s probably impossible to do but one can dream…..
    Looking forward to learning more!
    Jeanette

cinichol
    Participant

I LOVE both of these ideas!

sir_anzalot
    Participant

The Pedal thing @gi_gi_ mentioned sounds very cool, I’ve also just started to assemble some pedals and got a looper and an overdrive just to experiment with some stuff und get better at jamming 🙂

Though I guess getting into pedals here could prove kind of difficult as pedalboards often turn out quite Individual and there is no real one way to go. Some general Input regarding concepts would be more than welcome though.

Happy holidays to everyone!

lakeside339
    Participant

Percussive- yes! More bari lessons. Mini lessons sound fun, too

lhamilton
    Participant

I like the idea of the mini lessons.

I’ve found though that, unless there is some music to try newly learned techniques out on, I tend to learn and then forget them. So, I’m hoping that they could have links to some of the pieces on the site that use or could use the technique, or that later pieces might use the techniques and point to the mini lessons.

Linda

bomarkt
    Participant

Thank you for all your content which will keep me going for years.
    All your ideas sound fabulous but someone mentioned flamenco ukuleke course and my ears went YES please🙏

bomarkt
    Participant

@Jeanette
    If you click the 65 songs link n tick beginner you will see there are a few other classicals like Etude 3, Etude 13…

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by bomarkt.
    sky2090
    Participant

I am an advanced beginner (charitable rating). I believe the mini lessons would help me tackle new techniques and they would add variety to my practice.

Chord changes are my biggest challenge, so guidance in this area is my number one request. Perhaps this can be addressed in mini lessons.

I have subscribed to three well regarded ukulele instruction programs. Rock Class 101 is far and away the best program. I have progressed much further than with the other programs AND I enjoy practicing and playing (however modest is my talent). I could not hope for more from any instruction program. THANK YOU! Keep up the excellent work!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.