Help Us Plan the Next 6 Months of Ukulele Lessons!

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Help Us Plan the Next 6 Months of Ukulele Lessons!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    cait23
    Participant

Hey Andrew,

I love this site and I have taught myself the ukulele because of your great videos. I would like to see more fingerpicking and strumming songs with singing involved. If there’s a song you can incorporate the drum strum with, I would learn that song. Keep up the monthly prizes, they are fun and I learn a new song.
    I am not interested in baritone or low-g string lessons. Great job, keep it up!!!

Caitlin

malachi

No to U-Bass. But could you do best day of my life, and more songs like canon in d.

kcarr642

Could you please do some fingerstyle versions of the older Disney music? Kiss the Girl, Never Had a Friend Like Me, Be a Man, Won’t Say I’m in Love etc. A fingerstyle version of Married Life from Up would also be amazing!

kimmie6
    Participant

Hi there:
    First off, I do love this site and your tutorials since it is not focused on strumming and singing, but that said, it would be fun to include a song to sing along with every now and then especially if it included some of the things you are known for like fingerpicking techniques and playing the actual riffs or other cool parts of the song as appropriate for the particular song. Also, I really enjoy that you select songs that are not typical for the uke so I would love more of that. It is really great to surprise my friends with songs that are unexpected for a ukulele.

I would love some lessons on chunking and other percussive techniques. I love the sounds of knocking and tapping when incorporated into playing so that would be fun too!

I am sure that whatever you decide to do, I will find something that I will really enjoy. Thanks for all the wonderful challenges!

usatimbo

Great work so far Andrew! I could really get behind some “rock” like maybe Guns N Roses, Tesla or some hairband fun song. The other thing worth mentioning is a better navigating website to access the new posts/songs as they’re added. I seem to have to go through multiple pages to get to the newest post, unless I click on your Friday email that takes me right to it….and yes a bookmark would be awesome!! Enjoy your time off.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Timbo, the second video on this page will give you a rundown of how everything on the site works. But, as far as finding the new Friday lessons, on the right hand of the screen (sidebar), you’ll see “Recent Lessons”, which will list the five newest lessons that I’ve posted. It looks like this:

null

And I’d like to add an easy 80’s tune soon 🙂

kelley
    Participant

Love your lessons. I’ve checked out several other online teachers, but I keep coming back to Rock Class 101. I love your song selection. You give clear lessons and so many wonderful solos that are great for us who sing only occasionally.

When you’re doing a strum during a lesson, a diagram would be helpful. Sometimes the simplest strum sounds different for those of us who are more visual learners. I’d love to see a lesson for Walk Don’t Run and Stray Cat Strut.

Keep up the great work!

~ Beth

curlyuke
    Participant

Hi
    Doesn’t it all sound exciting?
    I had a low g strung on my first uke last week and now find I’m not too sure what to do with it so lessons would be fab. I’m not sure what re-entrant tuning is – reading above makes it sound like a non low g uke, please start the course with basics like that for people like me.
    Understanding sheet music would be pretty cool.
    I love the site and I really enjoy the lessons. If there was one change I’d like to see it would be more beginner songs that are well known. It would be nice to be able to practice something for a month and have it down, I can’t do that with intermediate songs yet and family and friends are always asking to hear me play something they know.
    Congrats on the sponsorship 🙂
    Curly

curlyuke
    Participant

I’d LOVE an easy 80’s song!

wabbit
    Participant

My uke has a low G string. I like the idea of low G lessons.

Even though your songs are made for high G ukes, I haven’t found it too hard switching them over to a low G. The only times the high G really seems to make a difference is when the high G string is used as part of the melody. So either adding or substituting a similar note on one of the other 3 strings, for me, makes everything sound fine.

Some tips on translating songs back and forth between the two types of ukes would be useful.

I think Mariah Carey’s “All I want for Christmas is you” would sound great on the ukulele.

Andrew, you by far offer the very most comprehensive uke course in the world. With that said..I must truly thank you. If I could..I would pay extra to learn how to play more Spanish style ukulele. So any songs melodies or chords in this genre is truly appreciated. It seems nobody teaches this style of uke on line. Taimaine is my inspiration…

Thank you for all you do…life changing for me. My heart and soul is here.

nobukofogarty
    Participant

Congratulations on Kanile’a’s endorsement.

I didn’t know what Kanile’a is, but now I know. I guess your picture is going to be on their website Artists page.

I really enjoy the variety of music you introduce. I thought I was more into certain types of music than the other, but interestingly all types are equally fun and good when I master playing them. You are doing awesome job as a music teacher.

Although I don’t submit videos, I really like the monthly challenge. It helps me to focus on learning one song at a time, and I can discipline myself to master it by the end of the month. Please continue giving us homework.

Since I am still a beginner, I would love more beginner lessons and am excited to start Low G lessons. I like finger picking style but learning different strumming patterns might be fun, too. My weaknesses are barring chords and chucking. It’s hit or miss. I don’t know if you could do anymore explaining in lessons, or I just have to practice more.

Not ready to start U-Bass, yet. If you create easy pieces like accompaniment base line to the music you already created, I might try to learn to jam with friends in the future.

Enjoy your vacation!

ukebox

I would like to see some reggae songs. Currently there is no reggae category but I think it sounds pretty cool on the Uke.
    I am happy to get my second Uke restrung for the new low G lessons as this will give me more variety.
    I’m not sure what a U bass is so clearly I am not personally interested in more content for this.
    I like to use a Herco thumb pick sometimes so any lessons on how to use a pick would be nice.
    Sometimes I find I can play a song but not at full speed. Some help to play up to speed would welcome.

clu101
    Participant

U-Bass! How about some Bach for bass?
    Low G! Stairway to Heaven?

wongbrown

Thanks Andrew for letting us participating your upcoming lesson plan. It is such a great idea to have interaction and share views about what we will be learning. I have read most of the posts from other players. They have spoken all that I want to say. I am thrilled with the number of lessons covered. I cannot put into words how much I appreciate Rockclass101. To add icing to the cake, perhaps learning some Chinese music such as Jasmine Flower or similar sort would be wonderful.

I like learning low G ukulele songs. I have only one ukulele. Is it recommended to alternate the string between high G and low G ?

Very many thanks. / Sheila

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.