Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 308 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

Wait, there’s an easy ending? I had a tour guide job this week, so I just printed the tabs and brought them with me. Back now.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Robin, I think I gave an alternative suggestion in the lesson video. Should be towards the end, when that part is covered.

Andrew
    Keymaster

planetfink – Mouth kazzoo! I need to send this to Katie, she’d get a kick out of it! I loved it, creative intro and blended perfectly into the fingerstyle piece. Really dig how you slowed down with the last part of the tune, which added a lot to the overall emotion. Excellent job this month, Kathy!

cauer2 – Aced it, Chris! Great feel overall 🙂

golf39

I’m a Premium Member

Hi, here is my Dec challenge. I was struggling with the version Matt did so took inspiration from Sara’s version which was so much fun. I also used a low G tuning since it was still on from the Nov challenge. I hope this is OK.

cauer2

Hey golf39,
    your post is private. can you make it public?

golf39

Sorry, should be OK now.

surfnrz

@golf39 that was awesome, so lively!

cauer2

Thanks, nice job. I’m trying to work on this piece myself right now. Its nice but I seem to keep wanting to play it slower like the Bing version. Thanks for sharing.

laurakarr12
    Participant

I AM A PRIME MEMBER
    Greensleeves IMG 5813

kirpuff
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I have enjoyed all of the RC101 Christmas arrangements I could get my grubby hands on so far. Thanks, Andrew! Also I donated to the kids uke fund. Great cause!

Merry Christmas 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@laurakarr12 – Can you try to post again?

golf39 – That was super cool! I agree w/ @surfnrz, love the lively, upbeat feel you gave it. This is a great example of taking an arr. and making it your own! Keep up the great work 🙂

kirpuff – Great performance and love the Santa hat! It looks like you were reading as you played, so I’d recommend memorizing. Then you can focus more-so on how you are playing each section. For ex, the ending was well paced and phrased. I think if you can inject a little bit more rubato into other sections of the tune, it will increase the feeling. So that’s what I would be working on moving forward.

And thank you so kindly for you donation! Please email me and let me know the amount so I can add it to the tally 🙂

kirpuff
    Participant

that was awesome golf39! 🙂

laurasil
    Participant

@golf39 I loved it!!!!!!!!!!! So festive and fun

robinboyd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I thought it would be nice to record at one of the local waterfalls this week. I didn’t think about how noisy waterfalls are. Sorry about the background noise. Also, the first note got cut off. Sorry about that too.

Funny story about the waterfall. I had the day off so I thought I would go there to record this afternoon. I didn’t think about the likelihood of there being people there on a Sunday afternoon. Anyway, I turned up and there were people. I thought about going home and coming back later, but then I decided not to be such a wimp so I played at a nearby spot without recording while I waited for them to leave. I was more than I little surprised when they stopped to listen on the way past!

laurasil
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I finally got a Low G and I’m in love! The sound is so rich, I can finally learn some songs I REALLY wanted to play. Here is Greensleeves, which I think is beautiful

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 308 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.