Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    puppylovesuke
    Participant

I am a premium member

uku241
    Participant

ACK!

I’ve just recoded am having problems making the upload to soundloud (in the meantime while I cut out my good take on video).

Fail!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s everyone I hadn’t left feedback for yet 🙂

—-

annefgodfrey – I’m so glad you joined us this month, Anne. Your performance was gorgeous. I know Tom is smiling 🙂

kelsey91 – Beautiful performances, Kelsey! And I love the vocal ending you came up with for the NYE tune. Well done this month, keep up the great work!

And thank you so much for the donation!!

P.S. You forgot to add the premium tag for your October entry, but I got you down for double entries for that month and this month 🙂

cstiber – I sent it to AJ, Cody. He’s gonna love it because it was a great performance! You played it well and your dedication month after month to improve is inspiring to me and our community 🙂

Thank you so much for the donation!

cimarronsailor – Lovely performance and the uke sounded fine to me. No worries on the ending, I sang the last 2 chords out-loud lol 🙂

beauke – Beautiful playing, Bea! I think with a little bit more practice you’ll have it where you want it to be. But it already sounds lovely. Keep up the great work!

isabelm – Fantastic performance, Isabel! Watch out for that chord change at 55 seconds (first chord of the bridge). Sounds like you were a half step down. Other than that it was flawless. Great job this month!

sarrafina – Bravo, your playing has such a great feel! And I love the arpeggiated strum technique that you use.

So a tip on pacing and timing: Your best friend is the metronome. Try playing along with it or the on-screen tab viewer in synthetic mode with the metronome activated. Either option is a great way to work on those two areas.

Keep playing, you have a lot of talent!

treble_rebel – Wonderfully played and love the outro you came up with 🙂

santai – Fantastic performance and thank you for the kind words, Marvin 🙂

kirpuff – Beautiful playing as always, Sara! Thank you so much for your generous donation 🙂

mkstewart67 – Playing sounds great, Melissa! And I love the fireplace backdrop. Just a little more practice and you’ll get it smoothed out. You’re almost there! Great job this month 🙂

puppylovesuke – Great job on the intro! It has a great feel. Melodies sound are well played too! Just a couple pauses to work out as you keep practicing. But it was awesome overall! Great work this month 🙂

@uku241
    – So sorry to hear you had trouble with Soundcloud. Great job on the tune! Unfortunately, you submitted past our deadline so we won’t be able to give you an entry for the prize for this month. I tried to give everyone a friendly reminder last night. I’m sorry!

Andrew
    Keymaster

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED THIS MONTH! WE HAD 97 ENTRIES! YOU GUYS ROCK! The challenge will run until Dec 31, but no more entries will count towards the giveaway prize.

I’ll be announcing the winner of the Kanile’a Ukulele tomorrow LIVE at 12 pm EST (Check Your Local Time Zone) on our YouTube channel at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVHh3Y0KD0c

P.S. There may be a bonus trivia entry awarded tomorrow, so def don’t miss the live stream 😉

Here is a list of everyone who participated. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

—-

lyndallk
    lyndallk
    planetfink
    planetfink
    debb1985
    debb1985
    melanieh
    melanieh
    katazumiri
    nthibode
    nthibode
    ccwuke
    ccwuke
    rebeca
    rebeca
    mark1256
    mark1256
    rafaela
    rafaela
    shmu88
    shmu88
    concan
    concan
    june2020
    june2020
    bibilele
    bibilele
    lhamilton
    lhamilton
    leslieb
    leslieb
    ferrouselm
    bomarkt
    bomarkt
    misterbones
    misterbones
    lbilkie
    lbilkie
    mkstewart67
    mkstewart67
    brettboy
    brettboy
    tules14
    tules14
    turkgoose
    turkgoose
    andyrose
    andyrose
    joe150
    joe150
    ukandrea
    ukandrea
    jbmills07
    jbmills07
    ukandoit
    ukandoit
    rickeymike
    rickeymike
    clempek
    clempek
    terryfallon3
    terryfallon3
    gstriph
    gstriph
    karenj
    karenj
    dividedsky
    dividedsky
    dennisdickens
    dennisdickens
    nelsonlin2021
    strlee
    lynnzo
    lynnzo
    robinl
    robinl
    kpurdy
    kpurdy
    mademoiselleannette
    robinboyd
    robinboyd
    xavierrahfael
    xavierrahfael
    zongozongo
    zongozongo
    seoulkim
    seoulkim
    ajk101
    ajk101
    evapaju
    evapaju
    johanna2509
    johanna2509
    ukule_lise
    ukule_lise
    laurajax
    laurajax
    bethany_guardiani
    bethany_guardiani
    bemarlie
    bemarlie
    yukalele
    yukalele
    lisamcc
    lisamcc
    riley_ukulele
    riley_ukulele
    janaq1
    janaq1
    laurakarr12
    laurakarr12
    addilein
    addilein
    ldarrow
    ldarrow
    felixhchan
    felixhchan
    patdrehu
    patdrehu
    akukes73
    akukes73
    dal08260
    dal08260
    andrewvh
    andrewvh
    maryjanew
    maryjanew
    antotonin
    antotonin
    coffeemug
    coffeemug
    lintuu
    lintuu
    rockster
    rockster
    richard_siegert
    ukealori
    ukealori
    kidelozzi
    kidelozzi
    themccoys
    themccoys
    biancak
    biancak
    stinyuke
    stinyuke
    smudge
    smudge
    rufio0
    rufio0
    celia21
    sarahd
    sarahd
    henri0
    henri0
    morrieuke1
    morrieuke1
    annefgodfrey
    annefgodfrey
    kelsey91
    kelsey91
    cstiber
    cstiber
    cimarronsailor

cimarronsailor
    beauke
    beauke
    isabelm
    isabelm
    sarrafina
    sarrafina
    treble_rebel
    treble_rebel
    santai
    santai
    kirpuff
    kirpuff
    mkstewart67
    mkstewart67
    puppylovesuke
    puppylovesuke

uku241
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Didn’t have as much time to work on this as I wanted – December is always crazy – but this is the best out of 30 takes. Finally got it up on YouTube after having tried with the soundcloud interim upload above – I hope it wills till count in that Christmas spirit;)

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi @annegodfrey, you did a great job! There is nothing to be embarrassed about, and it is a great way to remember Tom.

puppylovesuke
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback I can’t wait to get better at it because it seems like a smooth song to play.
    Sorry about the horrendous video quality,your poor ears: noncompressed version

Btw, your J 5 “I want you back” lesson was amazing. Looked simple but because of the syncopation it took me longer to learn than “dance macabre” on the sopranissimo. Just missed the November challenge but at least I have a whole new technique. Thank you!!!

Happy everything to everyone!

kelsey91
    Participant

@andrew thank you! ✌🏻 And I actually read these guidelines a long time ago and forgot that you can just write premium member and you get two entries and you don’t actually have to learn two songs 😄 but I wanted to learn both anyway cause it was hard to decide , anyway merry Christmas Eve!!

cstiber

@Andrew haha! I’m furious. 🙂
    Thank you for the kind words. I want to go through more of the coursework and just focus on that now. It’s insanely helpful. Thank you for the opportunity as always and I’ll be in the forums more when the holidays slow down. I’ll do my best to catch you on the live stream while I’m driving the fam around.
    Happy Holidays everybody and good job!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s the live stream announcing the winner if anyone missed it. Congrats, @myukemylife!

lyndallk
    Participant

Had a little catch up on posts. So good. Nice to hear from you – @annefgodfrey.

Merry Xmas all.

lisamcc
    Participant

Hey Andrew, just donated 30USD to the US UKC. Happy holidays and thanks for your awesome energy and arrangements. Much appreciated. Looking forward to more uke action next year. Xxx

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for your generous donation and kind words, Lisa 🙂

richard_siegert
    Participant

@Andrew thank you for your feedback!
    I will have a look at my third bar and I will try to play through my mistakes next time. I always felt like I have to correct my mistakes ;).

Andrew
    Keymaster

WE DID IT! WE RAISED $2,885 for The Ukulele Kids Club. The money we raised will donate 57 ukuleles to hospital based children who will be paired up with music therapists that TEACH THEM how to play!

Thanks to everyone who participated and donated in our December Challenge.

Together, WE GAVE the gift of music to children in need.

null

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.