Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    rebeca
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Literally obsessed with this gorgeous arrangement!

mark1256
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I just had to do this song but forgive my singing. No way could I sing it in A so I decided to use a baritone and do it in E. Made a few mistakes but I just played through them. That is difficult for me.
    Now back to work on Last Christmas.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ccwuke – A cheerful take! Well done, Chris! 🙂

@rebeca
    – Bravo, very impressive playing! Only thing I’d say is don’t hit that open G in bars 5 and 6. It clashes a little bit with those chords. But amazing job on getting all the rhythms down on this tune. It’s a toughy and you played brilliantly!

@mark1256
    – I thought you sang it well! You have a great voice – very comforting and easy to listen to 🙂 Great playing as well. I dig the deep sound on the baritone!

ukandrea
    Participant

Great playing and singing so far!
    I still have to start learning for my December entry as I was busy in the past weeks with learning “All I Want for Christmas is You”, which you can find in the showcase for playing forum https://rockclass101.com/forums/topic/all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you/. Any feedback for improvement would be highly welcome.

I have reached out to the Ukulele Kids Club to donate one Uke = 40 EUR = 50 USD to my French neighbor country UKC France.

Best,
    Andrea

rickeymike
    Participant

Bravo, Mark!

rafaela
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER.

Yey, Christmas songs!! “Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer” has always been – and still is – one of my favourite Christmas songs, so I just had to pick that one for this month’s challenge, it sounds so good on the ukulele. While I was practicing it, I was also playing around with just the chords which lead to me doing a second recording of it where I play the song alongside the strumming I had used; I will add that version as well 🙂

Second version:

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Rafaela

Andrew
    Keymaster

@rafaela – Excellent playing and the duet sounds great too! 🙂

rafaela
    Participant

@Andrew Thank you! 🙂

mark1256
    Participant

Thanks Andrew and all

shmu88
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all!
    Here’s my take at Last Christmas 🙂
    See you the 24th!

rebeca
    Participant

@andrew – Thank you! It was challenging but it was worth it. I’ll take into account your advice. I’ve listened again and i’ve realized what you mean.

@shmu88
    – love it!! Well done!

maryjanew
    Participant

@andrew- my UKC donation will go through on the 23rd.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@shmu88 – Bravo! Beautiful playing, I’m impressed! Friendly tip, don’t forget to tune up before you record. Your C string was a little flat.

@maryjanew
    – Thank you so much for your generous donation, MJ 🙂

shmu88
    Participant

@andrew omgggg what a fail, such a rookie mistake, i feel stupid haha. Now listening to it again I can only hear the bad tuning. Anyways, thanks for the kind words!

concan
    Participant

I am a premium member

I decided to play rudolph the red-nosed rendeer. After practicing I always had a good mood and i was singing the song while walking or cooking.
    Have a good and happy christmas time.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.