Participate in the December 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    leb397
    Participant

@Andrew Oh, forgot, I made a donation to the Kids Uke music! What a Great organization.
    Louisa

Andrew
    Keymaster

@gstriph – Love the cheerful take, Jerry! Thanks again for your generosity! 🙂

@clempek
    – Thank you so much for the kind words, Clem! We’re lucky to have you here with us 🙂

I thought your performance was excellent and loved that you are challenging yourself to learn more thumb-style playing. One thing I would recommend working on is increasing sustain. Slow down the tempo as you work on this. Focus on holding each note and chord for their entire duration.

Check out this lesson. Matt demos and explains how to do this in greater detail.

@shmu88
    – Wow! Way to go Sam, that was awesome! My only feedback is that I want to hear a little more clarity in the slurs in bars 16 & 32. But again, bravo!

And thank you so much for the donation! Please send me an email with the amount so I can update our tally 🙂

@leb397
    – Beautifully played, Louisa! I can def tell you put a lot of work into it. Well done, I was very impressed!

Thank you so much for the donation! Please send me an email with the amount so I can update our tally 🙂

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, awwww, thank ye for the encouragement! It still needs a lot of work because I find the chord changes really tricky still but I think Matt said in the lesson that was part of the intentional challenge of the arrangement. I think part of what gives me anxiety when recording is worrying about being perfect so that’s why I just included the bumbles. 😊 Your take was so dang good! And you prove your tech-savviness once again with the video ending/editing! 😁

Everyone else’s entries so far have been incredible! So fun to see!

mikeramsey2

I am a premium member. Here’s my slightly different take on God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@mikeramsey2 – Love the fingerpicking! Great playing, Mike 🙂

leb397
    Participant

@mikeramsey2 That was lovely. Very nicely played.

camper
    Participant

@mikeramsey2 So smoothly played with lots of musical feeling to it. Thanks for posting.

rebeca
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my atempt at Waltz of the flowers.
    I need more practice to clean it up and to improve the timing, but unfortunately I won’t have much time for practising the rest of the month.

I’d also like to take the opportunity to thank this site and the teachers involved for another year of excepcional content, as well as guidance and suport.
    Its not only about knowledge and expertice, but also about comitment and pedagogic value.
    I wish i could share much more years in this amazing community 🙂

gi_gi_
    Participant

@rebeca Wow that was so good. Where are you going? Hope you are staying on the site.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@rebeca – Wow! Phenomenal take, bravo! Def gonna share on our social media this week 🙂

TY so much for the kind words. I really appreciate it!

jgillard
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@jgillard – Very well played, bravo! 👏

jgillard
    Participant

@Andrew – Thanks… I know I don’t look “happy”.. That’s just me concentrating. 😛 I do actually know how to smile. 🙂 Got to work on that “performance” aspect.

rebeca
    Participant

@gi_gi_: Thank you! So kind! I am definetely not going anywhere:)

@Andrew
    :You made my day! I appreciate that so much!

Congrats everyone! I am enjoying each entry.

robinboyd
    Participant

@jgillard – you and me both!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.