Participate in the December 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    camper
    Participant

@kelsey91 Merry Christmas to you too. Your ukulele is smiling also. I enjoyed listening to your tune.

camper
    Participant

@jayton Merry Christmas. At 0.21 the bounce in your playing was really cool to listen too. Nice playing and I liked the soft tone of your ukulele.

camper
    Participant

@lyndallk Music does heal us in a special way. Hope you have a full recovery from the virus that is going around the world. Merry Christmas.

Are those your paintings? They look very nice from what I can see of them. 🙂

camper
    Participant

@dividedsky A little struggle of expression around the 1.00 mark of video. “cute”. But that always leads to happiness when that challenge is met with success. Merry Christmas. Oh, well played too. 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by camper.
    k_ra11
    Participant

I’M A PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks Andrew and everyone at ROCKCLASS101 for another wonderful opportunity to get outside of my comfort zone. So in the 11th hour, I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry when my low G electric ukulele pick-up toggle switch got smashed rendering it not able to be amplified. So I took a chance and just played the song without amplification…it’s difficult to hear but I hope it still counts. Mistakes were made but I always have fun with these challenges!

blind_man_dan
    Participant

I am new to the ukulele and this is my first time posting here. I think my playing would sound much better on a new $6000 ukulele 😉

maryjanew
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

I did my best since being sick but here is my terrible “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” chord melody.
    Andrew, I contribute $51.50 to Ukulele Kids Club every Christmas season, thanks to you!

ksapp92
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This is my first post on the forum! This one’s a tough one for me. I’m not one to post anything that’s not as polished as possible (usually on flute), so making myself vulnerable enough to post a video still very much in progress is very challenging. I picked up the ukulele for the first time three months ago and only learned about chord melodies when I happened to stumble on RC101 a couple weeks ago. I was fascinated by the style and wanted to learn it, so I started one of the December challenges. I definitely bit off more than I could chew, but overall I’m pretty proud of what I accomplished in a couple weeks.

digbybare
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Chose a simpler song this month, but also had less time to practice. Flubbed a note near the end.

Had a lot of fun learning this song, though. More than I expected. It’s been a lot of fun learning with RockClass 101 the last few months, and I’m looking forward to the contests next year.

Happy holidays!

omaon4
    Participant

I am a premium member

🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@jayton – Great performance! Couple little hesitations in the second melody, so that’s where I would target your practice moving forward. Although it doesn’t sound like it would take much practice to smooth out 🙂

@kelsey91
    – That was awesome, Kelsey! So much fun to listen to 🙂

Keep working on those ending chords. They are tricky being so high up the neck!

@k_ra11
    – Oh no! But you know what, you still rocked it unplugged! It was excellent overall!

Keep working on those last few bars. They are tough with all those pull-off licks.

@blind_man_dan
    – Great playing and awesome first post! I’d like to hear a little more steadiness in the tempo. Try tapping your foot along as you play. That’ll help keep the beat 🙂

@maryjanew
    – Oh no! I’m sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather, MJ. But BIG props for playing it tonight and practicing when you haven’t been 100%. Your playing was beautiful and exuded Christmas cheer 🙂

I hope you feel better soon and TY so much for your generosity!

@ksapp92
    – Wow! I’m very impressed with how well you played after only a few months of playing. Def keep doing what you’re doing, it’s working!

One area I’d like you to look into is proper left hand form when barring chords. Check out this lesson for an explanation on the fundamentals and this one for an all-out boot camp on them.

@digbybare
    – Awesome performance, well done! 👏

@omaon4
    – Great job, Helga! Keep working on that second melody and try to memorize the piece. That way you can focus 100% on playing it. Which is super helpful as this tune jumps up/down the neck.

Andrew
    Keymaster

We did it! We crushed the Fall Challenges!

265 members participated in our last 3 challenges and I have been blown away by everyone’s performances! Thanks to each and everyone of you who participated.

I’ll be announcing the winner of the Kanile’a Ukulele tomorrow LIVE at 12 pm EST (Check Your Local Time Zone) on our YouTube channel at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_PGVIrcxZs

P.S. There may be a bonus trivia entry awarded tomorrow, so def don’t miss the live stream 😉

Here is a list of everyone who participated this month. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

—-

deadbuggy
    deadbuggy
    gstriph
    gstriph
    clempek
    clempek
    shmu88
    shmu88
    leb397
    leb397
    mikeramsey2
    mikeramsey2
    rebeca
    rebeca
    jgillard
    jgillard
    morrieuke1
    morrieuke1
    brettboy
    brettboy
    rafaela
    rafaela
    kidelozzi
    kidelozzi
    dianna
    dianna
    jbmills07
    jbmills07
    gi_gi_
    gi_gi_
    abster
    abster
    zongozongo
    zongozongo
    katazumiri
    katazumiri
    yukalele
    yukalele
    leslieb
    leslieb
    lhamilton
    lhamilton
    marlongas
    marlongas
    madz_about_uke
    madz_about_uke
    mark1256
    mark1256
    bibilele
    bibilele
    terryfallon3
    terryfallon3
    dal08260
    dal08260
    joe150
    joe150
    misterbones
    misterbones
    akukes73
    akukes73
    jedart
    jedart
    jody_hendrickson
    jody_hendrickson
    karenj
    karenj
    ccwuke
    ccwuke
    gisele
    gisele
    richo_uke
    richo_uke
    mkstewart67
    mkstewart67
    joannetala
    joannetala
    ldarrow
    ldarrow
    moonshine
    moonshine
    gmflin8
    gmflin8
    hiouke
    hiouke
    just-in
    just-in
    sir_anzalot
    sir_anzalot
    lynnzo
    lynnzo
    laurakarr12
    laurakarr12
    june2020
    june2020
    lbilkie
    lbilkie
    janaq1
    janaq1
    dermango
    dermango
    nelsonlin2021
    nelsonlin2021
    ukulelee
    ukulelee
    lynettejd
    lynettejd
    cimarronsailor
    cimarronsailor
    krajisunny
    bekosau
    bekosau
    riley_ukulele
    riley_ukulele
    johanna2509
    johanna2509
    coffeemug
    coffeemug
    jebergeron
    jebergeron
    henri0
    henri0
    suekulele
    suekulele
    biancak
    biancak
    antotonin
    antotonin
    concan
    concan
    ninajordan
    ninajordan
    robinboyd
    robinboyd
    ukandrea
    ukandrea
    kdeacon7
    kdeacon7
    dividedsky
    dividedsky
    lyndallk
    lyndallk
    jayton
    jayton
    kelsey91
    kelsey91
    k_ra11
    k_ra11
    blind_man_dan
    maryjanew
    maryjanew
    ksapp92
    ksapp92
    digbybare
    digbybare
    omaon4
    omaon4

puppylovesuke
    Participant

Premier member but epic upload failure. I know this doesn’t count.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone!

lyndallk
    Participant

Thanks @camper. My mother did those paintings. She died about 10 years ago. She loved saying “I held my first paintbrush when I was 90 years old” A wonderful woman!

littlegeorge
    Participant

Very nice!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.