Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    ldarrow
    Participant

@andrew I was able to finally donate $25 to the UKC

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here’s my performance of It’s Beginning to Look a a Lot like Christmas. I had lots of fun learning this iconic Xmas melody.

P.S. I have donated $50 to the Ukulele Kids Club. Thanks for supporting such a great cause.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@morrieuke1 – Killer groove Mike and the harmonics were a nice touch! Excellent playing 👏

@ldarrow
    – So beautifully played Linda and TY so much for your donation! 🙂

@terryfallon3
    – I too love this melody and Matt’s arr., but also your take on it. It was a pleasure to listen to and I loved the harmonics at the end 🙂

Thank you so much for your donation. I really appreciate it!

@nelsonlin2021
    – I love your shirt and your dancing friend. Performance was awesome! Great feel and timing throughout. I’m continually impressed with your progress. Keep up the great work and TY so much for your donation!

morrieuke1
    Participant

@Andrew, thank you for the feedback! Also, I forgot to add I donated $20. to Ukulele Kids Club.

katazumiri
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here is my attemp at “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”

Happy Holidays!

P.S. I have donated $20 to the Ukulele Kids Club.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@morrieuke1 – TY so much for the donation 🙂

@katazumiri
    – Love the duet and TY so kindly for your donation, Lena 🙂

coffeemug
    Participant

I am a premium member.

“Have yourself a merry little Christmas” is one of my favorite holiday tunes. Loved learning it. Included a flub or two in my recording for kicks.

Happy holidays everyone!

misterbones
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Choosing I’ll be home for Christmas was a no-brainer for me this month, as jazz is by far my favorite music to listen to live, and thanks to Christopher’s brillant arrangement I almost feel like I can swing with the cats myself now. This was just pure fun to learn and play, thanks so much, and please keep them coming like this.
    I have to say that this was actually my very first (and only) take, and it was just supposed to help check the setup and volume, so I didn’t really focus too much, and completely botched the intro, that just sounds ugly. But then the rest went quite ok, so I thought, why not use the very first take for once and just forget about perfectionism. It’s jazz after all. So here you go.
    I donated $40 to the UKC. Happy holidays everyone.

jedart
    Participant

@andrew
    Ah yes, my old nemesis, the metronome. Is there anything special I can do in my metronome app setup to play to a swing rhythm?

Andrew
    Keymaster

@coffeemug – Lovely take, Mary! I very much enjoyed listening to it 🙂

@misterbones
    – Your comments remind me of the funny saying “once is a mistake, twice is jazz” 😂

The entire take was great Michael! The only thing I’d point out is 2:33 – 2:38. That section covers two phrases. You’re a little ahead starting at the end of phrase 1. Try singing the chord melody over the playback of your recording and you’ll hear it.

I’d say you def hung with the cats! And I too am looking forward to having Chris back for more jazz tunes. TY so much for your generous donation!

@jedart
    – My app (called: Smart Metronome & Tuner + [for iPhone]) has a swing setting where it plays back a drum beat. That could work or you can try to find one that plays back 8ths but swung instead of straight.

concan
    Participant

I am a premium member

Hey everyone, I choosed for this month Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.
    Its just a little bit bumpy, ecpecially the fourth line.
    I am really glad to be part of rockclass101 and every month I am looking forward for the next challenge. Thanks a lot to you all.
    I wish you all a very peaceful, nice and healthy christmas.🎄🍀

marthad
    Participant

Hi Andrew, I want to enter the raffle, playing Aura Lee. Also I donated $100 to the Uke Charity. Here is a link to the file in my Youtube channel:

I tried, and failed!, to link the video by the button below. Can you let me know that you have received this & that it is ok? If not I will try again! Thanks, Martha.

leb397
    Participant

@marthad I can hear/see your entry. Very nice. Merry Christmas

leslieb
    Participant

I am a premium member.

I want all of us to “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!”

This month stripping wallpaper, painting, and other home improvement projects has taken a toll on my hands and my memory. I admit that I rushed this and will continue to practice in between the projects.

Merry Christmas and as always thanks for the challenge, instruction, and constructive feedback.

Life is good…even when your hands won’t do what your brain tells them to do!

Leslie

karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my December submission of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. I’ve always loved this song and was very happy to learn Matt’s beautiful arrangement.

I have been a fan of the Ukulele Kids Club for years and just added $50 to the Rock Class 101 pot.
    For those who are on the fence, it may be good to know that the donations help buy ukuleles and ALSO help support the music therapists who work with the kids.

I should also say that I have no intention of “winning” another ukulele, as I am beyond thrilled with my Kanile’a from last December. But it is motivating to me to have my name on the list. Thanks again for another great month of challenges. The submissions so far have been fabulous.

Happy holidays and many wishes for a healthy and peaceful New Year.
    Karen

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 160 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.