Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge – Technique Toolbox Courses!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge – Technique Toolbox Courses!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks guys! It’s super fun and bouncy. ☺

joe150
    Participant

Lisa thank you for playing this song on ukulele. I thought you could only do it on a ukulele Banjo.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lisadmh – Bravo, Lisa! You’ve got it down. Great natural feel, very well played 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

Woo hoo, thanks boss!

Joe, the banjolele is tuned the same as the uke so it works fine. It’s a little more mellow than it would be on the banjolele I think, but I won’t be able to confirm until I win this month’s challenge. 🙂

surfnrz

Wow! Fantastic job Lisa!

andrewvh
    Participant

So, I took the plunge in at the deep end with this one.
    Still room for improvement but I’m pleased with the result so far.

marygrace
    Participant

Hi Andrew and Christopher- Thank you for this course on Clawhammer technique. I’m really enjoying it! I’m planning on submitting one of the advanced versions for the challenge but I was wondering before I go to far if you could critique me on my right hand/wrist action. It just doesn’t seem to be moving in the same way as Christoper’s demonstrations.
    Thank You,
    Mary Grace

Andrew
    Keymaster

@andrewvh – Bravo, Andrew – that was well done! What I’ve noticed with this technique is that it’s all about articulation. You’ve definitely got the clarity and feel down in the first half, but when it starts to get more complex in the second half, it becomes a little muddy. So what I would do is slow it down and focus on getting that crisp attack throughout the last half. Keep up the great work!

@marygrace
    – Looks great to me, Mary Grace! Right hand form looks great and the sound is spot on for this technique. I look forward to watching the next one 🙂

marygrace
    Participant

Appreciate the feedback Andrew! Have a Great Day!

annemarie
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    Hey, does the song we perform have to be played at the recommended speed or can we slow it down a bit? I love this month’s challenge!

Annemarie

Andrew
    Keymaster

@annemarie – You can def slow it down 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

@Annemarie, no shame in slowing it down. I’ve entered almost every challenge and there are maybe two I’ve reached full speed on. I’ve never been called on it. Slower and cleaner is better than fast and messy.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by lisadmh.
    lakeside339
    Participant

Becky, as far as I can tell, Chris is saying you have your choice of middle finger vs index. For me, middle is easier since it sticks out a little further, so I don’t accidentally hit something with my other fingers. Andrew says you still need to keep the claw shape, which makes sense. But look at Chris’s pinky – it is a semi claw, sort of what I think some people with arthritis will have to do. (so far my arthritis only hits my thumb joint, co not an issue – yet. Isn’t it fun getting older? 🙂 )

annemarie
    Participant

Thanks lisa! I’m excited to give advanced Shortnin Bread a go!

surfnrz

Well, I hope I’m doing it correctly. Technique was very odd at first, but I had a great time learning the song. Thanks so much Christopher Davis-Shannon for an awesome lesson! I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.