Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge – Technique Toolbox Courses!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge – Technique Toolbox Courses!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@surfnrz – check this out, Ray.

surfnrz

Thanks Andrew! I knew something was off.

smokealot
    Participant

Amazing Grace!

At first i was very excited about this technique. Then I wondered if that is what i want to work on right now. Then i stuck with it anhow because of the challange.

I will probably work on it some more (i would like to get the chord harmonics working every time) but focus more on the things i find more benefiting for me at the moment.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@smokealot – Wonderfully played and well phrased! Def gonna share this in our email this week 🙂

smokealot
    Participant

Wow thank you Andrew. I wasnt expecting this kind of feedback since the only other feedback I get is from my guitar playing father in law 🙂

nathalie
    Participant

Hello, I’m a new member of rock class 101 and I loved this challenge. I play uke since 5 months now. Here is what it sounds like.

Nathalie,

Andrew
    Keymaster

@nathalie – Well done! It sounds awesome. Keep up the great work 🙂

surfnrz

Second attempt. Harder than I thought it was. My thumb likes to move! lol. I hope this is closer Andrew.

Andrew
    Keymaster

That’s much better, Ray! It’s crazy how much the thumb technique gives it that characteristic sound. Well done!

surfnrz

Thanks so much for the help Andrew!

nthibode

I doubt I would have tackled the Clawhammer Technique course without the incentive of a banjolele, which is just one of the many reasons why I love these challenges. Thanks for pushing me to learn something new. I really enjoyed it!

This kind of music makes me want to tap my feet, so I worked to incorporate that into my playing:

Nice work so far, everyone!

~Nathalie

p.s. Welcome to Rock Class 101, @nathalie! Nice name! 😉

becky7777
    Participant

Nice Smokealot! It’s a handy thing to be able to do so your work won’t go un-rewarded. You can work harmonics into all sorts of places in tons of songs. 😁 Glad you stuck it out!

Loved everyone’s entry I missed! I got super sick for at least a week, lost track of time, fever was so high I even hallucinated. (Which was my only highlight of how I felt lol.) I have no idea what kind of cold this was but it lingers and makes it feel like I’ve been sick for a month.

Jealous of all the awesome clawhammering. And welcome Nathalie! 😊 Crossing my fingers I can get these harmonic chords down. (I know it’s not the end of the world if I don’t right away, just been trying so I want them to work lol)

@surfnrz
    – Even though it wasn’t technique specific surf, that was mighty fine thumb picking in the first video. Makes me wonder what else you play or if you’re just a wild thumbpicker. 🙂 I can see why you’d say you have a hard time keeping your thumb from going nuts lol. Mine definitely can’t move like that! Nice progress on the second video too. Looks like your thumb REALLY wants to go a-pickin’ in a couple spots but you controlled it really well!

@lakeside339
    – A perfect joy getting older lol! I just hate these unexpected surprises that pop up when I think i’m fine. If I don’t plant my thumb correctly I can make the claw shape. Might be able to compensate enough both on thumb and pointer to actually do this. (Just not for the challenge this month. Need to take this one slow or i’ll hurt myself)

Andrew
    Keymaster

@nthibode – Bravo, Nathalie! Well played 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@becky7777 – Hope you feel 100% soon, Becky!

surfnrz

Thanks Becky! I hope you feel better soon. Yes, I use my thumb like a guitar pick. I have just enough of a thumbnail so I’ve worked on playing melody lines pretty fast. I’ve even been able to do quick tremolo picking. So, it was really difficult for me to anchor that thumb and not let it move. Lol! Everyone is doing such an awesome job with the claw hammer. I’m so impressed!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.