Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge – Technique Toolbox Courses!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge – Technique Toolbox Courses!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    stinyuke

Here is my easy version of Shortnin’bread. I really enjoyed learning the clawhammer technique. Thanks for making me learn new things every month. 🙂

It’s not as good as i want it to be, time this month has been short.

karenj
    Participant

I’ve really enjoyed learning the clawhammer technique and I hope to continue to improve with this. I would love a cleaner take, but even with leap day, this is as good as I am going to get! I notice my pinky likes to sneak out of that claw shape and need to work on that.

I’ve enjoyed everyone’s submissions. The many beautiful versions of Amazing Grace have inspired me to try the Harmonics course next. Thanks again to all.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@annemarie – Hi Anne, our upload feature is meant for photos. Please upload the video to YouTube and share a link here.

samash07
    Participant

@annemarie – When you upload to YouTube, open your video and copy paste the YouTube link on the top of the window if you’re on PC. If you’re using a smartphone, there’ll be 3 dots similar to a colon (:) [some smartphones simply have a curved arrow shape to share] in the YouTube app – click on that, press share and choose copy to clipboard. Then paste here in the typing box (don’t choose Link, just paste it into the white box where you type)

I’m probably going into too much detail but I’m not really sure what the issue is.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by samash07.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by samash07.
    lisa-k
    Participant

Hi. This is my first challenge as I’m new to rock class, having joined a month ago. I’ve been learning to play for just under two months and feel I have made real progress since joining this course. I have really enjoyed learning the claw hammer technique and hope to continue to improve. Thank you!

apblondie

What a fun technique! This one took me a while to get down but I am so glad I took the time to learn do it! I missed a couple of harmonics, but am happy with my overall performance. 🙂 thanks rockclass!!🤘😎

omaon4
    Participant

I want to contribute my two cents with the easy version Cornbread and Butterbeans.😬

I am a premium member but I didn’t start practicing till late in the month unfortunately.

I did enjoy working on this technique nevertheless and Iintend to continue to work to improve till I get the accuracy and the speed where they are supposed to be.

Thanks for the inspiring monthly challenges!

jinajupiter
    Participant

Almost too late :/

annemarie
    Participant

Thanks for your help, Andrew! Here is my link from youtube.

lakeside339
    Participant

Like many of you, as soon as I turn on a recording device, everything goes to pot. I kept going slower and slower. 🙂 This was my cleanest attempt of many. I made the recording to show my hands for any feedback. I feel like I am flicking my hand of finger as I hit the individual notes and having difficulty keeping the claw shape. Though it doesn’t look too bad in the video.
    Didn’t have time to get past the etude before the month is coming to an end. But I intend to finish the course and gradually get up to speed. Now I just need a banjolele to practice on (hint, hint)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by lakeside339.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by lakeside339.
    ukukelley1
    Participant

Here is my easy version of Shortnin’ Bread. February got away from me with a work project and then a family health issue (better now…), so I stuck with the easy version. I’m really enjoying Clawhammer, though, and will continue to work on all the selections — so much fun to play!!!
    Sheryl

isabelm
    Participant

The clawhammer was a fun and challenging technique to learn. Going to keep practicing this one to improve the transitions and increasing speed. I am a premium member.

kirpuff
    Participant

It’s my one year uke-iversary!

Got a late start this month so it’s not as smooth as I’d like but here is Shortnin’ Bread :/

Looking forward to learning more this year and perhaps learning not to wait till the last minute to record. (Though I doubt that will change)

Very fun technique and song, thanks Andrew and Christopher!

jinajupiter
    Participant

Forgot to say I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

samash07
    Participant

We have to mention? I’m a premium member too @Andrew

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.