Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge – Technique Toolbox Courses!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge – Technique Toolbox Courses!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    lhamilton
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew! I’m hoping to take time to go through the information here on recording before long 🙂

I found it interesting that it’s possible to have stage fright when recording.

Linda

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lhamilton – Still happens to me!

@coffeemug
    – Well done! I’d say go a lil slower and that will help you strengthen the tough parts – and then build it up to speed. But great job overall!

ccwuke
    Participant

Its great to try a new technique! Here’s my attempt at Shortnin Bread (easy version). I did practice the advanced version but couldnt get it to the point where I could perform reasonably mistake free at a decent tempo. A great challenge, thanks everyone.

cloud_cactus
    Participant

This was my first time participating in a challenge, and I am so glad I did! I tackled Amazing Grace by using harmonics, which was a struggle, but I think in the end it sounds pretty good overall. I’m excited to continue working on this piece and getting it really good!

Well, it’s not perfect, but it sounds better than when I started playing it! lol 😉

wongbrown

Hello,

This is my submission for Feb 2020. I have chosen Amazing Grace. It seems like easy but I have done so many attempts and still not good. Oh well… but I am glad that I have learnt the new skill by playing the harmonics. Thank you very much! You all have a nice weekend ahead.

Sheila

samash07
    Participant

Finally recorded my attempt at Amazing Grace. Sadly this one’s strums aren’t perfect. The one with a better strum has few harmonics messed up so here it is.

Look forward to hearing from the experts as this is my first ever entry in RC101 challenges

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by samash07.
    lisadmh
    Participant

I love seeing these takes on Amazing Grace. It’s so finicky with all those harmonics but you guys are doing great. What a workout!

samash07
    Participant

I forgot to point out even though its probably obvious to most people. I’m using a Huge G Uke since I don’t have Low G strings 😂

Catherine
    Participant

Hello, this is my first participation in the RC101 forum and challenge. I chose the clawhammer Etude.
    thank you very much in advance for your feedback!
    Catherine

Andrew
    Keymaster

@annemarie – Hi Anne, can you upload to YouTube and share a link here?

laurasil
    Participant

Here is Amazing Grace!

marama
    Participant

Hi.

Another month. Found this challenging but buckled up and did a video. I am concentrating hard🙂🌈😃😬

Clawhammer Etude

Best wishes

annemarie
    Participant

Cornbread and Butterbeans February challenge submitted by Annemarie

Wow what a fun technical challenge this month! Here’s my Cornbread and Butterbeans (easy version). I was hoping to get to one of the advanced versions, but I just don’t have the rhythm down yet.

nitsur
    Participant

first time trying this technique.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.