Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge – Technique Toolbox Courses!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge – Technique Toolbox Courses!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@katazumiri – Well done! Here’s the lesson I referenced in the video feedback below.

smokealot
    Participant

@cloud_cactus You could play amazing grace on your high g. It sure does not sound as good as it would on a low g but still works.

sticks366

Really enjoyed taking this course!

I’m always looking for something new to learn on ukulele and this was a great project. Before this class, i used to use youtube tutorials and instruction videos. This was my first time taking an actual online course. I know I still have a lot of practicing to do, but I think I’ve learned a lot more in this course than I would have with any youtube videos. The course was super helpful and the giveaway was a great idea! The idea of striving for that Banjolele was a great motivator to keep me coming back to practice and stick to the course all the way through. In the end, it helped me learn something I never would have learned before. Below is the video of my capstone performance of Amazing Grace. This was a fun song and took a lot of practicing. I know I still have some practicing to do, but I think this take came out pretty well. I’m open to critique.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by sticks366.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@sticks366 – Bravo! That was brilliant! Harmonics ring clear and your technique looks great. The only suggestion I have is to loop the 2 strummed harmonic chords and work on getting the transition a bit faster so there’s no pause in hitting them in time. Other than that, keep rockin’!

samash07
    Participant

Thanks for the tip earlier @Andrew I finally have the tune down. Just need to work on it abit more or I’ll just upload as it is. Mine sounds abit weird due to High G Uke.

marygrace
    Participant

Thanks Andrew and Christoper, I really enjoyed this method of playing. Thank you for all your efforts. Great job everyone in tackling these new toolbox techniques!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@marygrace – Beautiful playing, MG! I’m gonna share this on our social 🙂

marygrace
    Participant

WOW! Thank You so much Andrew – you made my day!

andracass
    Participant

Here my entry. I don’t know if I will be ever able to properly increase the speed.
    Cornbread and Butterbeans

@Andrew
    : please don’t count me for the lottery cause the sum of shipment cost and Italian custom fee is about the same of the value of the prize, so to win will not make any sense

Andrew
    Keymaster

@andracass – Well done MT! Technique looks and sounds great! All I can say is to work on keeping the tempo steady for the last part of the tune. Great job this month and no prob on the prize!

debb1985

A work in progress (especially in front of the camera – amazing how hard it can be!), but I am pretty happy with it. I really enjoyed learning about the clawhammer technique and can’t wait to finish the course!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@debb1985 – Way to go, Debb! One tip: see if you can get the harmony to ring out/sustain more. I think your right hand is coming down and touching the strings after the brush, which is cutting it short. Try not to touch the strings after the strum and that will let it ring out.

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

I managed to record and upload to Youtube from my iPad. Not the best recording values but it was interesting. Here is my attempt at Cornbread and Butterbeans.

Linda

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lhamilton – Technique looks great, well done! Keep up the great work 🙂

coffeemug
    Participant

I had a bit of a head start with this month’s challenge. I got Aaron Keim’s Clawhammer book last year and practice out of it now and then. Still, this song was no walk in the park. There are a few gnarly bars near the end which I’ve looped and looped the past few weeks in an effort make the fret hopping sound smoother. Haven’t quite gotten there yet, but I’m having fun trying!

Love learning these root tunes!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.