Participate in the February 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Ohana Pequeno Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Ohana Pequeno Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@mark1256 – Great playing Mark! And I’m glad to hear you are enjoying the mini lessons 🙂

For the Celtic etude, I want to hear a little more clarity with the pull-offs. Try/check out the advice I left above for @morrieuke1.

Blues piece was excellent! Well done!

deadbuggy
    Participant

This is NOT for entry because I already own this month’s prize! It’s a fantastic uke, by the way, and tons of fun to play. Apologies for the occasional clamshell but I really like these mini lessons.

mark1256
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew. I’ll keep working on the pull offs. They’ve always been a bit of a struggle for me. In fact, that is why I chose this lesson.

ksapp92
    Participant

I love fingerpicking style. This was a fun little étude, and I surprised myself by learning it in a few days! My biggest problem is my right hand, though. When I anchor with my pinky, my hand tenses up. It comes across and I playing, and more concerning, my wrist feels sore after playing for too long, which is something I definitely want to avoid. But when I just float my hand, I don’t feel like I have enough control to play finger style. Any suggestions?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by ksapp92.
    jgillard
    Participant

Any suggestions?

Your right hand looks very tense. I can see why your wrist feels sore after playing. Hopefully @Andrew has some suggestions for you. What I would suggest is don’t plant your wrist, and during practice slow WAAAAY down. Like way slower than you think. Actively think about relaxing your hand. Since you are playing SUPER slow, you will have the time to do this. You want no tension in that hand. I hope this helps! 🙂

jgillard
    Participant

This is NOT for entry because I already own this month’s prize! It’s a fantastic uke, by the way, and tons of fun to play.

If you win, you can donate it to someone! Or have a backup! 🙂 It’s such a cute little Uke for sure!! Nice job on the celtic mini lesson. Sounds great!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@deadbuggy – Awesome playing and sweet uke Sara 😉

@ksapp92
    @jgillard is spot on with his feedback for you. You may want to jump into the first and second lesson from our Classical Course. Stephen shares tips on staying relaxed and minimizing tension.

jgillard
    Participant

Here is Country Riff – ML003 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@jgillard – Excellent playing! Only thing to point out is that you were late coming into bar 5. Other than that, timing was spot on!

jgillard
    Participant

I agree.. my tempo did get a bit sloppy there. 😁 I’ll redo this one again before moving onto another mini lesson. 👍

jgillard
    Participant

@Andrew, please let know if this is better. 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Yep, that’s it 🙂

jgillard
    Participant

Good Morning:
    Here is ML005. Thanks for watching! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Another awesome post, Jeremy! I shared one of your performances in our newsletter email today 🙂

rebeca
    Participant

Hi ukulele lovers.
    Here’s my submission. A lesson with celtic vibes is a must for me.

Have a nice weekend

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.