Participate in the February 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Ohana Pequeno Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Ohana Pequeno Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@rebeca – Great playing, Rebeca! One tip, try to keep your thumb planted on that A note so it sustains throughout the first bar.

rafaela
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER.

Hi everyone!

This month I went for the “Cascading Blues” Mini-Lesson. In my recording I tried speeding it up the second time I played it, but especially towards the last measures I struggled a bit, so that still need a little practice.

Thanks for listening, Rafaela 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by rafaela.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by rafaela.
    jgillard
    Participant

@rafaela, it sounds great to me! Nice playing!

rebeca
    Participant

@Andrew: Thank you! There’s definitely a lack of sustain there. Very usefull tip. I’ll put it into practise.

coffeemug
    Participant

Hi, friends!

rafaela
    Participant

@jgillard Ooh thank you so much! 🙂

008-keys
    Participant

Here’s my entry to the contest, I enjoyed a lot not only learning it but also playing it! The piece I’ve chosen was the Navigating the Fretboard – ML002 I hope you enjoyed it!

katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my attempt with “ML001”.
    I added drums from wikiloops “Funk backing track 8933” by Dafunkydrummer (wikiloops public-license). It was too long and fast for me, I shortened it and slowed it down.

So, here is “Funk Riff”

Have a nice day!

jgillard
    Participant

Not perfect by any means, but here is the last one ML004. 🙂

leb397
    Participant

Great entries this month. Happy Valentine’s Day. Love the mini lessons and still hope to get in an entry. Currently camping in FL and enjoying the warm sun. Louisa

Andrew
    Keymaster

@rafaela – I thought you aced it and I loved the second take! Bravo on the tempo and very clean playing!

@coffeemug
    – Great take, Mary! I have 2 suggestions. Try to keep your thumb planted on that top note throughout the first measure to increase its sustain and I’d also recommend slowing the tempo a little bit. It sounds like you are going at peak speed. And I think if you went a touch slower, it would allow the notes to breathe and sustain more.

@008-keys
    – Excellent performance, Juan! Great groove!

@katazumiri
    – That was awesome and the trade-off was a great idea! Loved it!

@jgillard
    – Bravo on knocking them all out! Very impressive! For this one, I’d recommend practicing slower and focusing on transitioning between the A and B Melody (and B to A) without losing time.

jgillard
    Participant

For this one, I’d recommend practicing slower and focusing on transitioning between the A and B Melody (and B to A) without losing time.

For sure! 🙂 I’ll definitely post a revised one of this ML004 once I put a bit more time into it! Thanks for watching and the advice to improve. Much appreciated!

coffeemug
    Participant

Thanks for the constructive feedback, Andrew!

rafaela
    Participant

@Andrew Thanks a lot! 🙂

shmu88
    Participant

Hi everyone!

Here is my entry with the country riff

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.