Participate in the February 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Ohana Pequeno Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Ohana Pequeno Ukulele!

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    mac1984
    Participant

I realized at about 9:30 that tomorrow is March. I didn’t have time to change out of my Christmas pajamas!

Although this was listed as the song for beginners, I liked that it worked on going up and down the fret board and on speed. Those are two areas I need to improve. Plus, the simplicity of it allowed me to play from memory, which is another area I need to work on.

maryjanew
    Participant

I’m a Premium Member but I guess that doesn’t matter for this month 😋
    I’ve been working on the Celtic Etude and the “thumb” thing and fast pull offs are very challenging for me! I loved the challenge though. I have issues with my left hand so my wrist became very sore after working on this piece for a few weeks and A LOT over the last couple days!🥸

jojoba

jojoba

Sorry I didn’t know how to do this video but this Melody was awesome to learn and for a short melody it was hard for me to learn lol

johanna2509
    Participant

Thank you! @Andrew

leb397
    Participant

Thank you @Andrew for positive feedback. I give you the credit to my slow but gradual improvement! I can honestly say practice is the answer to playing. You and your team keep it fun and interesting. The members make it enjoyable being a part of the group. I truly look forward to seeing the familiar member entries.
    We ALl struggle with recording and getting a decent “take” after 20-50 tries… but bit by bit… it might only take 15 tries 🙂
    Thanks RC101. Louisa

Andrew
    Keymaster

@mac1984 – Beautifully played! Well done 👏

@maryjanew
    – Playing sounds great, MJ! Only thing I’d suggest is to loop the A Melody with me in the tab player to work on keeping it a little more steady.

@jojoba
    – Excellent playing! One suggestion, try barring with the index for the 4 (F) and 5 (G) chord. It should make those phrases a little easier to play with your left hand.

Unfortunately, you submitted past our deadline so we won’t be able to give you an entry for the prize. I tried to give everyone a friendly reminder yesterday.

@leb397
    – Thank you, Louisa!

Andrew
    Keymaster

We had 57 members participate this month! I was blown away by everyone’s performances! Y’all aced these mini lessons! 🙂

So without further ado, the winner of this month’s challenge is ** drumroll **

null

null

null

Our March Challenge is LIVE: https://rockclass101.com/march-2023-challenge

We picked 4 songs from our new course, Classical Technique & Style, and we’re giving away a VERY cool ukulele that resembles a classical guitar! Hope to see everyone in the challenge!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Congrats @leslieb!! That uke is so cute! 😊

@leb397
    , agreed about everything you said! 😁

And yay for the classical challenge for March!!

leb397
    Participant

Congrats @leslieb ! Pretty little uke you have there. Can’t wait for you to show pictures 😊 Louisa

leotenshi
    Participant

Congrats @leslieb for the awesome Mini Uke and congrats everyone for the incredible playing and thank you @andrew for the feedback. I love the monthly challenge that help us keep on growing on our playing ^^
    I’m looking forward to see how the classical pieces will be going on for March.

gracme2
    Participant

@Leslieb – Congratulations! you did a great job.
    I hope this comment gets you. I’ve been having trouble with doing the comments correctly.

gracme2
    Participant

@hardel Thank you Andrew I’m working on it.😊

abster
    Participant

@morrieuke1 that was really good!!

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.