Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge – Original Music!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge – Original Music!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    cauer2

Well it looks like another awesome challenge. I just took a listen to both the etude and Grace’s lullaby any as these tend to be more geared to the “seasoned beginner”. I loved both pieces… I have both high and low G ukes… I’m just not sure which to choose. I’m really looking forward to getting going on this year’s challenges. Deadbuggy, really enjoyed your composition. I’m hoping to start writing some myself; seems I remember being much more creative in my younger days. Anyway I think it takes a lot of time and energy to put something together and I really enjoyed the fruit of your efforts. Keep up the good work. As always, thanks to you Andrew and team for such great content for us to access. Good luck everyone and Happy New Year.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Andrew. Reason: fixed auto-correct wording
    cauer2

So I just noticed that auto correct somehow turned lullaby into 😶

Andrew
    Keymaster

@cauer2 – no worries, I fixed it! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@kelsey91 – unfortunately, we do not have that notated.

unclemymy

Im a premium member.

samash07
    Participant

After 2 months of regular practise I’m finally gaining the confidence to record. I’ll definitely be joining my first challenge this month. Love Grace’s Lullaby, its just too good.

Andrew
    Keymaster

deadbuggy – Wow! This is an awesome sounding Jig and it goes into such a beautiful 2nd melody/tune. Well done, Sara! And TY for sharing the backstory 🙂

unclemymy – Beautiful playing! Keep up the great work!

@samash07
    – awesome! I look forward to watching your performance!

lyndallk
    Participant

Wow. Sara. Really like your composition. What a treat.

deadbuggy
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew and all, for the kind words! I can now cross ‘compose music’ off my 2020 To-Do list 😉

laurasil
    Participant

Grace’s lullaby!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@laurasil – Beautiful playing! You guys are killin’ it this month 🙂

lyndallk
    Participant

Please keep writing music Sara! I love that piece. So much rhythm, and lovely chord progressions – and then it has two movements for goodness sake! Brilliant.

Andrew – question – how long does a composition need to be to actually be a piece? Sara has inspired if not intimated…..

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lyndallk – I would say at least 30-45 seconds. Don’t feel intimidated by anyone. The best advice I got for writing was this: The more you write, the better you get.

AND: Learn from as many as possible. I.E. music styles, genres, composers, diff instruments. Basically, study the greats 🙂 Tommy Emmanuel told me that in person.

deadbuggy
    Participant

Thanks, so much Lyndal! I’ve got a couple more originals in my gig bag; it’s so much fun to noodle around on the uke. What I really need to do is to learn how to tab out some of this stuff because ye’ olde’ memory banks ain’t what they used to be!

brenna
    Participant

#deadbuggy!!!!
    Incredibly elegant. As usual.
    Bravissima!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.