Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge – Original Music!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge – Original Music!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    marama
    Participant

Second month as a PREMIUM MEMBER. Was easier to learn memorize and record the song compared to Greensleeves last month. Am happy with that progress and can’t wait for the next challenge.

Best wishes for 2020.

marygrace
    Participant

Everyone is doing so great! I’m excited to be in the challenge!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@marygrace – Well done! Here’s my feedback for you and the lesson I referenced for you to check out. 🙂

karenj
    Participant

Here’s my version of Grace’s Lullaby which I really enjoyed learning. I worked to be more relaxed in my playing despite the record button. It sounds more “tinny” than I would like which I like to blame on my less than stellar quality MacBook microphone. The full strum sounds so harsh compared to the individual string picking and I would like to work on a more consistent volume. I’ve enjoyed everyone’s submissions, especially the original compositions. Thanks again to all.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@karenj – Here is my feedback for you 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Whoops! Looks like I skipped a couple, my apologies!

ramiro – I love the A and B melody. Here’s what I would do. I’d cut that transition section from 35 seconds to 45. And just go from B to C (strum section). That makes it flow better IMO. You can test this by playing 0 to 35, pause and jump to 45. That sounds more coherent… as in a more complete sounding piece, IMO. “A B C” is a cool form and we’ve done those before. Keep writing, you’ve got talent for it!

And good idea for an arranging challenge, I’ll keep that in mind 🙂

marama – Here is my feedback for you 🙂

Here is the first lesson on form to check out, and another.

marygrace
    Participant

Andrew I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to view and critique the video. I love the clear & illustrated instructions you game me and it gives me direction on what to focus on for February’s practice.
    Warmest Regards,
    Mary Grace

smokealot
    Participant

Thank you Stephen for the encouraging & helpful feedback. I guess I would have just put this song aside without it.

brenna
    Participant

The arranging challenge would be fantastic!!!!

ramiro
    Participant

Thanks for the kind feedback and your suggestion Andrew! Guess I’ll keep tweaking this for a bit and focus more on being creative with music.

nthibode

Awesome work everyone! I really enjoyed listening to your original compositions. Etude no. 19 is quite the workout for the left hand. I also learned something new: partial barres with the middle finger.

See you next month!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@nthibode – Brilliant job! The only thing I can suggest is to keep working on getting the notes in the first part of the B melody to ring clearer – which is actually the hardest part of the tune. Keep up the great work, Nathalie! 🙂

nthibode

Thanks Andrew! Yes I would definitely like to clean up that tricky middle part. Cheers!

surfnrz

Beautiful job Nathalie!

nthibode

Thanks Ray! I loved your composition.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.