Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge – Original Music!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge – Original Music!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    kelsey91
    Participant

Great job so far everyone!
    I have a question completely unrelated but don’t know where to ask… does anyone know if this site did a lesson or tabs for Don’t stop me now by queen? I’ve seen an amazing fingerstyle version of this song online and would love to learn it!
    For the moment though I am working on this challenge and I can’t wait to do the harmonics course 😊

Andrew
    Keymaster

@kelsey91 – not yet! Please add it to our request list 🙂

becky7777
    Participant

I couldn’t help myself. I decided on E-19 for a lot of more fun reasons but it reinforced voice leading. I firmly grasp the concept btw, but putting it into practice is challenging with the movement involved in the runs.

When it came out, it was challenging just to do the piece because of the stretch and bars for me now.

Having a lot of difficulty getting the chord change from Em6 to Am smooth, and i’m super inconsistent getting theme 4 smooth and clear each time after landing there from the other section. 😫 <-frustrated face?

I need to look at what you did with the breakdown going into T4 and see if I can understand the general concept enough to apply it to connect pieces of things I have kicking around too.

uku_on
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    There are a lot of low G songs this month. This is my attempt at Piano and Ukulele Duet. First time playing with a backing track and trying to play a song without playing it along with headphones(I found it too difficult to try and sync the backing track to the play along). I probably should’ve just used rest notes instead of trying to play the low g notes on the C string.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@uku_on – well done, Caleb! Great timing – I’m really impressed with how well you did seeing as it’s your first jam track. Way to go!

I’d agree – the jumps to compensate on C are a lil crazy, but props for working around the low g hurdle 🙂

lyndallk
    Participant

Thought I’d have a go at a composition ☺️🎶. It has no title.

It’s more like a study of two phrases really than an actual song. I’d love to have written something about living on the coal face of climate change (sort of literally) and the endless fires here but I don’t have that sort of control of the instrument.

Anyway here it is. Thanks for offering the challenge Andrew and thanks for inspiring Sara.

deadbuggy
    Participant

Lyndall, I love this!

rickeymike
    Participant

Beautiful, Lyndall!

rickeymike
    Participant

Well done, Uk_on. I’m a total left hander and the uke is the only thing that I’ve attempted right-handed other than golf ( which I switched back to left handed in a hurry). Still playing right handed uke and am extremely comfortable with it. And, believe me, I resisted it from the beginning. Still, watching you play left handed makes me smile. Also, a bit envious.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by rickeymike.
    brenna
    Participant

Ciao a tutti
    When I discovered ukulele, one of the funniest things is that if you have two string less than guitar, it’s very easy to use one note like “pedal” changing the other three, or changing one single note of the chord to produce bossa nova style progressions. I love it.
    It’a little exemple. Three progressions to obtain a little bossa

Ciao!!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lyndallk – Beautiful, Lyndall! Great connection of two themes! Love the jazzy influence in the first one 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@brenna – wow, Gianluca! That sounds so cool, way to go!

rickeymike
    Participant

Gianluca, you are so talented! I was swinging to that bossa nova beat.

deadbuggy
    Participant

Gianluca, I am stealing your tune as we speak! Fantastic. Also, can’t wait to see you play your new uke from the giveaway — did you order a custom? Cheers!

brenna
    Participant

Thanks Rickey
    I love Bossa Nova!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.