Participate in the January 2022 Member Challenge: Celebrating 500 Lessons!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the January 2022 Member Challenge: Celebrating 500 Lessons!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

shmu88 – That rocked, Sam! Great feel and groove and I loved the taps. That was a nice touch! Well done this month 🙂

lintuu
    Participant

@Stephen wow, thank you! I’m so glad! 😌

barbecueblack
    Participant

Hi Rockclass

I am a PREMIUM member. Here is my participation in the challenge with “Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue”.
    It was so fun to play this song with the different techniques!

Thank you Rockclass!

Cheers

katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my “St. Anne’s Reel”

Have a nice day!

brettboy
    Participant

Thanks Stephen. To answer your question the change was not intentional. I usually watch the RC video once for a shorter piece like this one and I carry around a copy of the printed music and practice here and there. So my it often evolves slightly away from the source material 🙂

Also, if anyone is interested in hearing my Five Foot Two or St Annes Reel they are on my youtube channel at Sept 12, 2019 and Oct 19, 2020.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@barbecueblack – Great job on the techniques! The one that I would work on is the split stroke. Try to get those melody notes on the A and G string to pop individually more. Also, try to keep the tempo steady throughout each section. Which is hard to do b/c we always play the easier techniques faster than the harder ones 🙂

@katazumiri
    – Bravo! Excellent take! You’re ready to start boosting tempo now. Start with a 5 or 10 bpm increase and take it from there. Keep up the great work!

rafaela
    Participant

@Stephen Thank you for your feedback! I will make sure to work on the accentuations and the tempo 🙂

ldarrow
    Participant

@stephen thank you for listening and for the tips and encouragement. I watch others and it looks like they are effortless in barring and I feel like I am having to press so hard even though I am using my thumb like a clothes pin to get proper technique. Seems that one hand mimics the other so when I feel I am pressing hard with the left hand my right gets tense too. Hopefully with time and practice I will gain what I need to be effortless

Hi Andrew et al.,

I’ve taken up the courage to film myself and post it to partake in the challenge. “Dream a little dream of me” at about 60%, that’s my limit before my fingers and brains start to short-circuit. Any feedback is welcome. I recently became a premium member and I’m loving it!

nthibode

Thanks @Stephen! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@herbdrawsaline – That was a great performance! Glad you joined us in the monthly challenges, Herb! 🙂

So I’d suggest two things. First, keep doing what you’re doing – but break the song into sections. Try 4 or 8 bars at a time and focus on keeping the timing/tempo nice and steady.

Second, I want you to soften your thumb pluck/strum attack. Check out this video first and then this one. The first video explains the diff between soft vs loud attack and the second video talks about it as it relates to playing with the thumb.

annemarie
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that feedback and the pointers to study on. Really appreciate it and I’ll start working on that soft attack. 🙂

All the best!
    Herbert

gi_gi_
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

Here is my submission for January 2022: Here Comes The Sun”. I enjoyed everyone’s submissions.

ccwuke
    Participant

Here’s my recording of St James Infirmary on a low G tenor uke. Thanks to Evan for a great arrangement and Andrew for teaching it.

Normally I just record a video with my phone, but this time I’ve recorded the audio with an external condenser mic and USB audio interface plugged into an iPad to record the video. I used the iOS camera app to record but found it only recorded in one channel, probably because the audio interface can record 2 channels but I’m only using one for the mic. Does anyone know of any other iOS video recording software that might overcome this problem?

I ended up exporting the audio from the video, then imported it again as stereo to get audio on both L and R channels.

Chris

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 199 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.