Participate in the January 2022 Member Challenge: Celebrating 500 Lessons!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the January 2022 Member Challenge: Celebrating 500 Lessons!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    mark1256
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Stephen. I am trying to concentrate on holding those notes out along with the rhythm. Slowing down the bridge notes was intentional. In my head, I think those notes should be emphasized. I was doing that by holding the note longer than written. It got the results I wanted but also messed up my timing. I’ll keep working on it.

bibilele
    Participant

@Stephen Thanks a lot for your kind words! 🙂 Yeah, my hardest struggle was with the split stroke. And also the chords don’t love me too much. 😀

bibilele
    Participant

@ldarrow Thank you so much! Yes, sometimes you just have to go for it. I love your submission of “Dream a little dream of me”. And I feel similar about the barre chords. I can play a song with barre chords only a couple of times, then my left hand needs to relax. But the day will come when the barre chords and I will be best friends … 😉

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by bibilele.
    terryfallon3
    Participant

I could not resist learning Here Comes the Sun. It’s always been a fave. And thank you, Andrew, for the tasty arrangement.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@Stephen Thanks so much for your kind words. I really appreciate your hard work.

evapaju

I am a Premium Member

Hello everybody!
    Here is my submission for January Challenge “Dream a Little Dream of Me”- just lovely jazz arrangement. I made some really minor changes for my personal preference- a little bit of strumming and little faster pace. Funny thing is that a had previously already printed out tablatures for “Dream a Little Dream of Me” and “Here Comes the Sun” and I planned to practice these. Also love the “St James Infirmary” and encouraged by so many submissions I´m going to play it too. It seemed quite hard for my level at the beginning but I want to try it anyway. So great choices this month and many thanks to RC101 team!
    Thank you for listening and good luck for everyone!

malcolmh
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Andrew! I need a lot more practice concerning timing and always have problems hearing the beat 😉 I’ll give the synthetic mode a go and activate the metronome… maybe it’ll come to me eventually

baggyuke7
    Participant

Thanks Stephen for the feed back.
    I will think about it.

robinboyd
    Participant

Here is St. Anne’s Reel.

This song has been my nemesis for a long time, so I thought I’d give it another go. Last time I recorded it, I had done a whole bunch of failed attempts and my frustration really showed. This time, that was not the case, but I still had issues with accuracy and occasionally missing the strings. I really struggle with that when doing the triplet picking technique. Anyway, I think it is slightly better than last time.

Last time:

This time:

planetfink
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    I hope I’m not double posting. I hit submit earlier and nothing seemed to happen.
    (The clicking noise in the middle is my dog walking through the room.)

ukule_lise
    Participant

I am a premium member

Hello! Here’s my take on St Anne’s Reel. It’s still pretty messy but in the end I’m glad that I can keep up with the speed of the song. Never thought I would be able to do that in the beginning. 😊

robinboyd
    Participant

Oops. I just realised I left out half a bar of the intro. Oh well.

ukeher
    Participant

Really enjoyed that! Not easy. Well done!

robinl
    Participant

Hi everyone, here is my submission of Here comes the sun for the January challenge.

zongozongo

Hi
    I am a PREMIUM member and picked St. James Infirmary. Still struggling with the percussive elements and a few rhythms. Nevertheless I had a lot of fun, although a little bit above my skill level. I almost gave up in the first 2 weeks of practice but at some point it suddenly got better 🙂

Regards,
    Nicolas

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 199 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.