Participate in the July 2018 Member Challenge – American Patriotic Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2018 Member Challenge – American Patriotic Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

Hey Kanni,

Just post the link and it does it automatically 🙂

kanae926
    Participant

OMG, wow. I might have tried everything EXCEPT that. LOL! I thought it needed to be in html and was trying the embedding code. Figures I was over thinking it.

Thanks, Robin.

robinboyd
    Participant

I once watched a documentary about a plane crash where the pilot tried just about everything to regain control of the plane, but he couldn’t, so it crashed and everyone died. They found the black box and recreated the scenario in a simulator, and what they found is that if the pilot had done absolutely nothing and let the autopilot take over, they would have all been saved.

Anyway, I’ve been wondering, what is “panda syndicate race”? I tried googling it, and found absolutely nothing!

kanae926
    Participant

I might have been that pilot in a past life.

I got the shirt from a former coworker whose brother started a racing club? I’m not really sure. I just have a thing for pandas (and it’s the logo on the back that I liked).

Anyway, sorry to have hijacked the thread with my babblings! If I’m brave enough, I might try America the Beautiful before the month is out or at least a cleaner version of Yankee Doodle. I think level 3 is a little out of my reach, though.

Thanks for challenging us, Andrew!

andracass
    Participant

I’m leaving for holidays now. But, before leaving, I leave my poor attempt. Bye Bye

vidafntn
    Participant

Here is my entry playing America the Beautiful on the baritone ukulele. As usual, I am only entering for fun, not to win anything. I notice that there is some squeaking as my fingers travel up and down the fret board. Do you have any suggestions about how I may eliminate this issue?

promisingartist
    Participant

Hey there,
    I’m from germany and love the USA. So here’s my interpretation of America The Beautiful

Hope you like it!

strizaldo
    Participant

Here’s my attempt at Yankee Doodle

suesbarn
    Participant

rickeymike
    Participant

Great, Sue!

suesbarn
    Participant

Thanks Rickey! Of course, all I see are the mistakes, but will keep trying!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by suesbarn.
    wongbrown

It was so enjoyable listening to the performances of all your posts. Not only that, I have learnt a lot from you guys😜 Here is my attempt for Yankee Doodle. Appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Sheila

rickeymike
    Participant

Very good job, Sheila. I also saw your other post where you hit that final harmonic perfectly.

mheiden
    Participant

I’m posting an update to my July 3rd video. This is a little closer to the tempo.

mheiden
    Participant

Here is my video for America The Beautiful.
    This one took me awhile to learn. Once I got it, this is the tempo I’m able to play now.
    I’ll look to get more efficient with more practice.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.