Participate in the July 2018 Member Challenge – American Patriotic Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2018 Member Challenge – American Patriotic Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    kellyblackburn
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    Here’s the link to this month’s challenge.

Thanks,
    Kelly

rickeymike
    Participant

Good job, Kelly. I’ll trade performances. ha

kellyblackburn
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    Here is America The Beautiful.

Thanks,
    Kelly

jlbross
    Participant

Tried that last note again. Ughh

surfpimp9er

Hello everyone. Here is my attempt at America the Beautiful.

Jason

carollaj
    Participant

Here goes my July challenge submission!

kanae926
    Participant

Here’s a progress video after trying to work on that thumb placement and playing it through a little more smoothly. While working on the things Andrew mentioned, I also started experimenting on trying the fancy strum he does. It’s a lot harder than he makes it look.

The longer I work on it, the more I start to resent the tune because I have been playing it so many times and it’s really short (LOL). I’m starting to nit-pick too much, so I’m just going to post it as it is. That last harmonic is a hit or a miss and it was better in the first video (I smacked it bit too hard in the wrong spot this time, but no ukuleles were harmed during the recording of this video). 😉

cait23
    Participant

rickeymike
    Participant

Here’s my original post of Yankee Doodle from September 2017

rickeymike
    Participant

Since I had a few days left after my America The Beautiful post, I decided to retry Yankee Doodle.

kanae926
    Participant

Wow, Rickey! You can really see your progress. What a difference the last year has had in your playing. Great job!

I am enjoying these monthly challenge threads so much. Not only for myself, but to see everyone else’s posts and feedback. All of it is so fun and helpful to learn from! This month is my first one participating, but I’ve gone back to see the previous months before I joined RC101. What a great community!

rickeymike
    Participant

Thank you, kanae I surprised myself when I watched the video. I believe one of the things is that I’m showing more confidence.

cornishdpt
    Participant

I’m trying to slow down my playing a little so I can clean these up a bit. Hopefully, that came through this month.

cyberloh
    Participant

Not Good

rickeymike
    Participant

I didn’t think it was bad at all, cyberloh.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.