Participate in the July 2019 Member Challenge – Summer Blockbusters!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2019 Member Challenge – Summer Blockbusters!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    kelsey91
    Participant

I’m going to try and learn Jurassic park! My sister and brother-in-law walked down the aisle to this song at their wedding 2 years ago! It was so sweet!

brenna
    Participant

SpongeBob is mine!!!

Gaby
    Participant

I Will have a go at Jurassic Park. I love (!) that Theme 🙂 i would like to learn the star wars Medley too, but i dont think i can manage that for this month challenge. Plus I still want to learn all of Aloha oe, since i only managed learning half of it until now.

Oh and @kelsey: the music from Jurassic Park is an amazing choice for the wedding theme! You can tell your sister, that some stranger on the Internet thinks that she is super cool 😀 😉

becky7777
    Participant

Thank you, Andrew.

I am starting the scratching over the soundhole and ending on 12. I can’t really say it sounds great right now, but that’s just my newbie playing lol.

I never saw Stranger Things, but now I want to! (Dang you all, lol! NO NETFLIX!) I got the rundown of the story from the guys who do “If Stranger Things had lyrics”. (They’re generally spot on with the stories. 😂)

Anyway ty again, and good luck with the drawing everyone!

PS- that dino thing is cool. I’ve only seen the pokemon go augmented stuff.

Andrew
    Keymaster

gaberdude – Well done this month! Here are my thoughts & this is good advice for all who choose to do “Jurassic Park” this month. 🙂

gaberdude
    Participant

@Andrew thanks for the video feedback! You are right, I fumbled a few times, but I think I can iron them out to keep the flow. It’s a beautiful song to play, thanks again. New word for me — Rubato…nice…

planetfink
    Participant

This is a recording I did two months ago. I don’t want to think of this as my “official” entry, I am working on the Star Wars Medley, but it showed off my new ukulele so well. Great arrangement. I love the melody.

Gaby
    Participant

I won´t have much time to practice (or countless hours for trying to record myself) the coming few weeks i think, so i did my best to learn it quick

@planetfink
    : its possibly just my browser thats acting up (it does that with videos sometimes) but i can´t open your video. Is anybody else having troubles with it or is it just me?

nthibode

Hi @Andrew, I’m working on the Star Wars Medley. In synthetic mode, bars 3 and 4, the G(1) chord doesn’t sound quite right. Am I wrong?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sounds fine to me. Try: 0 7 7 10. Puts root at top (on 4).

nthibode

The chord itself on the ukulele is good, it’s the playback on the Tab Player (in synthetic mode) that sounds like it’s playing the wrong chord.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sounds fine on my end.

nthibode

Ok thanks for checking! 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

I gotta say, I groaned a little at the song choices as I’m not the show tunes type, but Star Wars is ridiculously fun.

This is more fun than I’ve had in ages, and there has been no shortage of fun lately.

Thanks for getting me out of my box!

nthibode

Agreed, @lisadmh!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.