Participate in the July 2019 Member Challenge – Summer Blockbusters!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2019 Member Challenge – Summer Blockbusters!

Viewing 13 posts - 211 through 223 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    benita
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback Stephen.
    Rhythm is something I struggle with quite often. I had tried playing with a metronome prior to recording, but it didn’t seem to help. Since then I’ve managed to get down the rhythm on those measures.

rufio0

Omg…Thank you all so much 😀

charbee
    Participant

Congrats @rufioO!

citznmag
    Participant

Congratulations, Rufio!

becky7777
    Participant

Grats rufio!!!!!!!😁👍

Stephen- Thank you, I didn’t realize I was pausing before the “chords”, or the “change” parts I labeled in the variations. I had been using a metronome but I couldn’t get the timing right after the chords to jump back into that constant middle finger rhythm for some reason. With a metronome I loose the momentum of the song. If I can’t get that figured out, I’ll record an example because it’s really irritating.

I think the last chord before the scratch was just flubbed and I pushed on. I’ll have to double check, but it just sounds like my fingers missed landing on the strings. I obviously had a moment my fingers just decided to do their own thing there for a few seconds too. The last note I ended on was kind of a fail I guess. I don’t really like fade outs at the ends of songs so I decided that note was a ‘flatline’ sound. Symbolism, 👍 Fail! lol! 😂

As for the day’s stress, can’t say much except I will try. Anyway, I appreciate your and Andrew’s feedback always.

mfaske
    Participant

Congrats rufio!!!!!!!

Stephen – thank you for the feedback and guidance. Extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! I didn’t realize I was bending my wrist so much. I’ll definitely pay attention to that and work on it, as well as the hammer-ons!

lisadmh
    Participant

Congrats Rufio! I love my islander. They’re great ukes. Let us hear it!!

miztaken
    Participant

Congratulations @rufio0 !!!

jinajupiter
    Participant

Yippiii Rufio play for us when you get it!

joe150
    Participant

Congratulations Rufio

coffeemug
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, Andrew!

karenj
    Participant

Congrats to Rufio! And thanks for the feedback on finger position to improve my pull-offs. I’m looking forward to working on the August challenge options.

rufio0

Guys, thank you so much. This is one wonderful community and I am proud to be part of it.
    Alohha 🤙

Viewing 13 posts - 211 through 223 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.