Participate in the July 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Summer Songs!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Summer Songs!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    cinichol
    Participant

@Andrew, apologies if this is answered elsewhere. If a player has some parts of a song down fairly well, but has to slow up quite a bit for other parts, do you recommend playing the whole piece at the slower tempo (in the interests of practicing consistent tempo always), or is it ok if we change fast to slow, depending? I think I’ve got most of Wipe Out, but struggle on the muted strum section.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I’d target my practice to bring those areas up to speed. But if you hit the performance deadline and need to play the entire song, choose a slower tempo to keep everything steady.

shmu88
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all, I know it’s a bit early to post my final video but every week I can’t wait to try and learn the weekly new song and go forward, and there is so little time to practice all of it…so little “Summertime” (Andrew gets it ;)).

Thanks!

Sam

Andrew
    Keymaster

@shmu88 – Bravo, Sam! You nailed the vibe/feel! Only thing I’d say is keep working on the tricky transitions in bars 8 and 9. Keep up the great work!

cinichol
    Participant

@Andrew
    Ok! Thanks so much!

cheun133
    Participant

Hello,

Here’s my attempt on the Summertime Blues.

Thank you for listening!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@cheun133 – Performance was great! Watch out for rushing, like the bar before the ritardando. But honestly, this is me nitpicking. It was well played, keep up the great work!

ebetsimo
    Participant

Hi all, here my attempt to play summertime. hope is sound ok 😊

cinichol
    Participant

Whoops–accidental post.

ukandrea
    Participant

Here comes my submission for Wipe Out:

I don’t get the percussive part so cool as Andrew but my personal success of the day is that I did for the first time just one according attempt and with no cutting.

I also plan to submit Summertime, but need to practice more.

Andrea

annemarie
    Participant

I thought that sounded great!
    Your percussion was very good and even.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ebetsimo – You playing sounds great! But with this song, you want to swing that rhythm. Check out this lesson for help on getting this feel down.

@ukandrea
    – BIG improvement over your earlier take! One tip, work on the timing coming out of the percussion section. Try to keep it a bit more steady. But overall, bravo!

smokealot
    Participant

Summertime is such a cool song to play! Big thanks to Steven! Poeple around me will have to listen to it a lot more 🙂

I especially had lots of fun working on nuances since Steven played it so brilliantly – it really showed me how differently one song can sound. Not that I am close to beeing satisfied with my performence bit I had fun with it!

wongbrown

I am a premium member

Here is my submission. I have chosen Summertime. I was unable to download as usual in YouTube so I have tried iCloud. Hope it works.
    Guess I will keep on practice and pay attention to the tempo and the swimg bits. Hopefully get some feedback and submit a second attempt by end of the month. Thanks

wongbrown

Just managed to upload it to YouTube.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.