Participate in the June 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 246 total)
  • Author

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

It was very hard for me

lisa-k
    Participant

Hello! So here is my very poor attempt at People are strange. For some reason, my “stage fright” is getting worse, and as a result I didn’t manage to post anything for last month’s challenge. I was determined to post something this month, but as soon as I start recording, my hands start shaking, I forget what I’m doing, and end up with a buzzy mess! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

santai
    Participant

Wow, what a month… Never do two hard challenges in a row! ^^; Last month I invested a lot of time in Ain’t No Sunshine – and it payed off. Also, thank you all so much for your encouraging words back then @nthibode, @surfnrz, @rickeymike – and of course @Stephen for your feedback! 🙂
    It got me motivated for the June challenge and I wanted to tackle Stairway To Heaven, but with less time at my hands than last month. Long story short: I didn’t make it and switched to People Are Strange some days ago. Today I finished memorizing the piece, but it’s my brain playing and piecing the different parts together instead of my muscle memory. I’ll definitely keep working on it, but at least I managed to get it ready for submission on time.
    So I know I probably butchered it. So for feedback, actually the answer to one simple question would be enough for me: How do you like my ending, resolving it to an E major chord? 🙂

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

lisa-k
    Participant

Forgot to say

I’M A PREMIUM MEMBER

Sorry!

karenj
    Participant

Hello Everyone. I’ve enjoyed all of your submissions very much and am always amazed by the many variations in the same songs. It is also always nice to learn from the feedback given to others.

Here’s my submission of People are Strange. I struggled with buzzing, I think mostly due to my lazy pinky finger and had to resist the temptation to finger with my more comfortable ring finger. I hope some day to play as relaxed and smooth as some of you. It was nice to play out on my porch with some much needed rain in the background. Maybe it will help drown up some of my mistakes?

I hope you are all staying well. Take care, and thanks again to Andrew and the whole Rock Class 101 community.

karenj
    Participant

Oops. I forgot to mention:
    I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

jkulele

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my attempt at Stairway to Heaven. I am not happy with this at all but it is midnight here and I am out of time. I had to do the solo separately then splice it in. It was a real struggle this month and then it got all the harder when I started recording!

ronnieg
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

This one was a booger coordination-wise! There weren’t many days I didn’t spend time drilling individual measures with a metronome.

Much of my practice, this month, has been outside on my patio before my family awakens, or sitting in various traffic queues. Hence, the Outdoor Ukulele. I tried it on my Kala Elite a couple of days ago, and decided my time would be better spent polishing than adapting to the wider fretboard of the Kala.

gardn_gnome
    Participant

Hi Andrew …
    Here is my attempt at People Are Strange. It’s really rough … but I love the give-aways … they’re a real motivator 🙂

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

sticks366

I am a premium member.

Of all the songs, I never thought I’d be try learning Stairway to Heaven. This was definitely fun to learn and more fun to play. I apologize for any noise that may be in the background.

timolnz
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.
    Hi All, Great listening to everyones entries and Finally got my entry recorded, Stairway to Heaven….. set myself a real challenge this month with this one….struggled thru only to find the strumming rhythms even more of a challenge…. Thanks for the opportunity Andrew and Team. Tim

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by timolnz.
    joannetala

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi everyone, here’s my submission.

I picked the one recording with the least mistakes ☺️😬 . This time I found it a bit more difficult, but did my best . Hopefully it sounds acceptable 🤞🏽😬 .

Wishing everyone lots of enjoyment in playing the uke!

Joanne 🤗

wongbrown

Awwww, thank you so much b_ukes_101. Although I am far from good, your kind words has made my day 😊

timolnz
    Participant

Hi eszti5mail,
    I sympathize with you….i struggled with Stairway to Heaven….had so much trouble recording it. I left the strumming rhythms to the last minute thinking they would be the easier parts to learn but found them to be even more difficult and frustrating especially with the deadline approaching fast….. never mind just got to enter into the spirit of things….good luck, Tim.

iyers408

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here is my attempt at People are Strange. I started with Billie Jean and stuck with it for about half the month and then decided to change since the progress was slow (I know it is beyond my abilities, and it is also very long).I am really happy I tried Billie Jean first. I will go back and work on it slowly.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.