Participate in the June 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    bklynsoul
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I too had a rough time with this one. In the end, I decided to focus more on keeping my timing consistent and slooow and working through any flubs. I really had a hard time fretting properly and getting any good sound out of the higher notes up the neck.

Good luck everyone!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by bklynsoul.
    cimarronsailor
    Participant

I am a premium member.

I tried to have fun with this one but it never became mine. I had at least hoped to improve my triplet strum. Thanks for listening.

emiliano
    Participant

Hi, here is my post for this month, wish I had more time to learn it haha since I was bored starting this month I decided to leanr how to do a handstand and injured my left hand so I only had 2 weeks for practice, also could not take up to 100% speed or all the song but this all I could get.

Great song, I enjoyed the groove so much!

I am a premium member.

ukukelley1
    Participant

A challenging assortment of songs this month! I remember when the beginner piece would be something like Aura Lee. Well, I guess with the prize quality so high, we’re expected to up our games!

Here is my still rough “People Are Strange”.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Sheryl

rustypal

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    This is my attempt at Strange

jinajupiter
    Participant

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN
    Just in time I hope :).
    I made it a bit longer again, added the part in C MAJ to the beginning and doubled the middle part. And played the entire solo. :).
    Changed some notes here and there to my abilities and liking, hope that is ok.
    Thanks it was fun

surfnrz

@jinajupiter sheer brilliance! That was absolutely fantastic! Wow! You truly blew me away!! I was singing along with you! Sooo good!!

andyrose
    Participant

Despite working for a month on People Are Strange, I still can’t play it all the way through at a level I would want to share, so I won’t be posting a recording. But I’m OK with that – just proud that I was able to submit entries for the previous two months, my first attempts ever. So at least my name is in the hat!

What I’m writing to say is that only when I started to participate in the challenges did I really catch on to what a great resource we have in Rock Class 101. Getting the personalized feedback, tips, and answers to questions is (to borrow a word from Andrew) awesome! And that’s on top of all the great song arrangements with detailed lessons, courses, live-stream Q&As, and everything else RC101 has to offer. I think it’s an incredible value for uke players at every level. So this is my shout-out of thanks to Andrew, Matt, Stephen, Christopher, Evan, Tobias, Katie, AJ, and all the inspiring teachers and arrangers of RC101! You rock!

maryjanew
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Seriously, my entry is HORRIBLE! I need much more time on this song, although I am enjoying it.
    I love the swing beat. I thought I was doing ok learning the different parts but when it came to putting it all together, YUCK! The time pressure to record today by the deadline is also nerve-wracking!
    Sorry, you don’t have to listen to this entry! LOL
    Mary Jane Wisniewski

kirpuff
    Participant

I was so excited about this song but I’m so disappointed that this craptastic take where I completely blow it on the bridge was the best I could get out of myself tonight haha. But since this was the only take where my cat decided to sit behind my head, I’m going for it 🙂

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

rickeymike
    Participant

Wowie, Zowie, Jina. You are truly a “showman”! Now I know what it’s like at the top of that stairway.

smokealot
    Participant

@jinajupiter that was amazing, again!

laurasil
    Participant

@jinajupiter I am truly speechless!!! The song/video production and use of different instruments, your overall talent and energy, that was just… Beautiful!!!!!!!! I could hear your version for hours, I am truly amazed. Great job 🙂

b_ukes_101

That was awesome kirpuff!

lisadmh
    Participant

Jina, you’re amazing! What a rock star. Thank you for entertaining us.

Mary Jane, you’ve worked hard. You’re almost there With putting it all together. You can be proud of your progress!

Kirpuff, that was a great take of a really hard song. I’m impressed. I’ll get to your level some day. Bonus points for the cat.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.